Can't change Zune Tag

Hi folks,

I currently have a Zune HD and would like to change my zune tag. The catch is when I go Settings->Account->change zune tag in my Zune application (Windows 7 SP2) the eventual page that it takes me to tells me that I have to change my gamertag (?) through my Xbox 360. I don't have a 360. How else can I change it? I've purchased the 800 points I need to do this. I've even tried the method to do it with Games for Live on my pc, and there's no option to edit the gamer tag is indicated here:  http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/change-xbox-live-gamertag

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 40 Applies to:

Hey there Tamstar,

So, when you tried to change your Gamertag from Games for Windows LIVE, you tried to do it from inside of a game using our steps available on our page Games for Windows LIVE: How to change your gamertag through Games for Windows - LIVE ?

I just started up the game Tinker for Windows LIVE, and was able to use those steps to get to the change Gamertag setting.  Did you do that, and get an error?

Let us know if the steps in that link help you change your Gamertag through a Games for Windows LIVE game.

Thanks.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Mister Parks,

I finally found your response. I never got the email notification that my post was responded too. Anyway...

I went ahead and downloaded Tinker. I previously didn't have any Game for Windows Live games on my pc, so that's probably why that did work for me. I tried your suggestion above and I do get an error now - error code 80153410. I followed everything here: support.xbox.com/.../error-code-80153410 , and none of the four options are working for me either.

Any other suggestions? So far you've been very helpful. Thanks!

Soon to be player formally known as TamstarBinx...

Sorry this didn't help.

Hiya Tamstar. Alright, so those four steps did no good.. Have you tried the first workaround by chance? Let us know. Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

ignore.. double post

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ohnaka,

Yes, I tried all above suggestions. I get so far as the screen where I confirm the gamertag change and I that error code.

EDIT: I had a Xbox 360 (star wars edition) which was recently stolen. I went the Xbox 360 Profile Protection page under my account and apparently it was used recently. I did change my password since it was stolen but I wonder if this has anything to do with it. Also, it frustrates me to see that the thief is still using my Xbox and never bothered to delete my gamertag. I even think the person is attempting to add me as a friend. Although this is off-topic, is there a way to locate the xbox as well?

Back to original problem though. Could this be a problem?

Thanks guys!

Sorry this didn't help.

On second thought, if that person is still logged into Xbox Live, would that prevent me from changing my gamertag? Would I just have to wait it out until they log off for me to change it?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmmmm, regarding using your tag to trace the GT, that would be something that the police could contact the proper department about during an investigation- it's not something we have a way to do over Forums.  And I also wouldn't think that it would cause the issue.  (and also looking at your account activity here: live.xbox.com/.../Profile the only activity I see is Tinker.  Sounds like a moot point anyway.)

Could you use a friends' console to make the switch perhaps? 

Sorry this didn't help.