Can't buy xbox live gold subscription, status code 80190848

I'm using a pre-paid Visa Gift card. It has $25.00 on it and I use these to make online purchases all the time. I tried both the website and console, I tried deleting and re-entering the card to no avail. If this could be resolved, that would be great. Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I'm sorry you are feeling so frustrated. If you want to use the prepaid cards, more power to you. I like the convenience of having it auto bill me when I forget, but either way you get the same LIVE experience. As for prepaid cards, we do allow some, but they have to allow online and recurring payments to be allowed. On auto renewal, you can call phone support at any time to cancel this, even when you are in the middle of a subscription. This will not affect your current LIVE time.

Unfortunately I have no way of assisting you with turning off auto renewal. Currently this must be done through phone support. If you want, you can send me your SR# in a PM (envelope below) and I can look into the call to see what is going on and possibly advise you on your next step. Let me know if I can help you with this, thanks! 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I already did that. More than once. I tried to explain that in my first post. I'm going to use a 3 month card, for now. I'm sorry to be so harsh,but, You are not going to get complete control of my bank account back, ever. Period. Try to understand that. Don't think you can keep me from knowing what's going on. You need to allow pre-paid credit cards and give the option to turn off auto renewal. The amount of money I decide to give you is the amount of money you get. I need to have control of that. I am not going to waste my time getting the run around on the phone. You guys need to deal with this. If you refuse to, fine. It's your customer to lose. Halo is the only thing keeping me on Xbox live. But Tribes Ascent is coming out, I don't know if that will steal me away, but it might. The ball is in your court. Make me happy with your service again.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Matt! First, I'd like you to verify that all the information on your payment method is not only entered correctly, but that it matches your profile information as well. If you find any discrepancies, please correct them. If you continue to have issues with these codes, please contact phone (support.xbox.com/contact-us) support for further billing help. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Now I'm getting 80190821

Sorry this didn't help.