Can't buy RDR by using microsoft balance

I've been having this problem for hours, and it didn't get solved after calling the customer service.

Basically, I can't purchase RDR from my console, and it gives me this error message:

"There's a problem with your account. To fix the problem, go to https://account.live.com. Alternatively, choose a different payment method."

I have currently have $20.88 CAD in my microsoft account, so there shouldn't be any reason that I can't buy RDR (Cyber Monday deal $7.49). Customer service agent I spoke to also can't find anything wrong in my account. The explanation I was given was that xbox live service is currently down for purchasing downloadable stuff. But from what I can tell on xbox's website, the issue only happens for a few specific credit card, which is apparently not my case. Could anybody help to figure out what's going on here?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi there, huofuo;

If you are attempting to purchase the game via the website, that would be the issue. For whatever reason, when Microsoft made the conversion from points to local currency, the website didn't get fully switched over. Because of this, you cannot yet make purchases on the website with your Microsoft Account.

I hope that helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the reply, my purchase attempt was actually on the console, not PC.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, the service is now up, but the deal is gone (went back to $29.99 from $7.49). I missed the deal completely because of some service problem on Xbox live. Phoned in the customer support, and I was told there's nothing that Microsoft can do to set things right. Really disappointed!

Sorry this didn't help.