Can't buy MS points

Hi,

Couple of days back I was going to buy some content on the marketplace, so I added points to my account and bought what I wantred. However I found another title that I was interested in and decided to add more points and I received this error: "Your payment instrument could not be authorized. Please contact your provider, or try a different payment option." After that I tried several times and even tried different card but the error is still there. There is no problem with my credit card since I am using it every day. Please let me know what are my next steps to be able to add more points to my account.

Thanks,

Andrew

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I'm encountering the same problem. I'm trying to use a paypal account linked directly to my checking, which is definitely nowhere close to 0$ balance.

I think the solution here is to not buy MS points anymore. I sent an email to Xbox support and got a bullshit reply about checking the billing site.

WHICH happens to say my Paypal payment method is "Good"

Xbox support = COMPLETELY worthless.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I believe it takes 24 hours to authenticate the payment method for credit cards - although I don't understand why paypal doesn't work.

@Trekari, I called them on phone with this question and I have to say, xbox support IS completely worthless!

All I can say is wait 24 hours and try again, it worked for me, sadly I want more and i'm going to have to wait -again- Thanks Microsoft~

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same issue.  I don't feel this is a bank issue I feel this is a Microsoft issue and since this has been posted (since 9/28) THERE HAS BEEN NO ANSWER!

What is the point of a forum...we need direct contact with Microsoft.

Sorry this didn't help.

Wolf: Hey there! Please review our Payment Method (forums.xbox.com/.../19164.aspx) and Purchasing (forums.xbox.com/.../32.aspx) guides, and if you are still having issues, please make a new thread in this forum. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.