Can't buy Duck Tales

I tried to buy Duck Tales today and it gives me an error. I tried buying it from the console and my PC and it didn't work either way. On the console it gives me an 80190848 error.

I thought maybe it was my card so I went to my local ATM and withdrew $20 no problem. Checked my balance and I have more than enough funds.

I haven't bought anything on Xbox since the transition to local currency, not sure if that applies to the issue just thought I'd mention it. But I have used this card to buy things from Xbox in the past with no issues.

Any ideas what the problem is?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It gave me an error as well and I had to buy it on xbx.com.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Man, this is getting annoying. Xbox won't allow me to buy anything.

I contact someone at support. After probably 45mins she says she can't find an issue it has to be on my banks end. She theorizes that due to me not buying anything from Xbox in 6 months that my card is refusing to authorize any purchases from Xbox.

So I go to my bank and they say there's no reason for it to not work. The only thing they can come up with is its trying to buy something out of the country which apparently my card can't do unless I know exactly where outside of the country I'm buying from. I tell them as far as I know its not outside of the country. The only other thing they can come up with is there was some error which locked me out of Xbox or something like that and to wait a day or two to see if it will work.

Who would have thought buying an XBLA game could be so difficult.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there Pitiful,

Sorry to hear you've been having trouble purchasing your game.

There is currently a service outage that is preventing some people from seeing and purchasing things from the Marketplace, so that may be the reason you're getting that error. We'll be able to confirm that one way or the other when that gets resolved. You can stay tuned to the Service Status page for further updates on that situation.

In the meantime, there are a couple of things I would recommend checking for that error code:

1: Check your billing address

Make sure the billing address for your Xbox LIVE account matches the billing address used by your credit card company. Also, the credit card must be from a country that matches the country associated with your Xbox LIVE account. To change the billing address for your Xbox LIVE account, see Change your Xbox LIVE account information.

Note You cannot change the country associated with your Xbox LIVE account after your account is created.

2: Use an Xbox gift card if available

Alternatively, you can buy an Xbox gift card from a retail location and redeem it for Xbox LIVE purchases.

Note Not all purchases support Xbox gift cards. Before purchasing an Xbox gift card, make sure that you can purchase the item you want with it.

3: Try your purchase again later

The Xbox LIVE purchase might be blocked for one of the following reasons:

• Too many recent declined purchase attempts.
  • The Xbox LIVE account or the payment option is being used from an incorrect location.
  • The payment option you provided may have a violation for non-payment that’s preventing it from being used for new purchases.

Wait and try the transaction again in 24 to 48 hours. When lots of purchase failures occur, this can prevent transactions from being processed until no purchase attempts have been made for a while (usually 24 to 48 hours).

Please let us know how everything goes and we'll work from there.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, I waited for that service outage to be over and tried again. Still won't work.

I'm getting extremely frustrated. Xbox tells me its my bank's fault, and my bank tells me its Xbox's fault.

I'm at a loss. I guess I'll just contact Xbox support again, and when that doesn't work, contact my bank again.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there pitiful,

It looks like you've got things moving in the right direction with your account issues speaking with an Advocacy agent. Please keep us posted on how things go.

Sorry this didn't help.

The Advocacy Team sent me another email. Told me to update the contact email address and asked if my billing information was correct. Updated my contact email and it still fails.

As for the billing information, its correct. I'm starting to doubt that any of these support people communicate with each other because I have been asked 4 or 5 times if my billing information is correct, and I tell them every time it is.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Pitiful!

I'm sorry to hear that this is still giving you issues. I can certainly understand that it could be frustrating to not see progress and be asked for the same information again.

Did the Advocacy Team provide you with a way to contact them to let them know that this didn't work for you? If so, have you already contacted them to alert them?

Let us know and we'll be standing by to assist as best as we can. =)

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, I replied to the email they sent me. I let them know my billing information was correct and I updated my contact email, neither of which seemed to solve the problem.

I haven't heard back, but I just sent it yesterday.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello again P1ayer2,

Sounds good! Please keep us posted when they get back to you. If you don't hear back on that e-mail in 72 hours, it may be better to contact Phone Support again with your Case number for further assistance.

Sorry this didn't help.

I talked to my bank, again. They said that the charge is being made outside of the United States. They said they can override the block, but they have to know exactly where the charge is being made. Otherwise, they would have to unblock all foreign charges..... which they don't want to do because I would be susceptible to fraud.

I really don't understand. I would assume Xbox would be within the United States. So, if Xbox is within the United States, I need to know what would be causing it to attempt to charge outside of the United States. If it is outside of the United States, then I need to know exactly where so I can tell my bank.

Sorry this didn't help.