Can't authorize the selected payment

Ok here's what happened . My dad always buys my boys their yearly subscription for Xmas . So they had him buy the family pack. One for his Xbox he uses for the grand kids that come over. One was used on my account and my two teenagers. Then when I got back to my house I downloaded my profile to my console. Then I tried to purchase a game ofcourse it wouldn't let me. So I left the family, repurchased my Xbox gold. Which it took that payment with my current info. That same info and I can't buy the smallest thing. I have tried for days to get it to work.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Have you rechecked that your address and contact info are correct? I wonder if it changed when you joined the family. If the billing address is wrong, as an example, it can cause the transaction to fail.

support.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-account-info

Also, if this fails, you can call 1-800-4MYXBOX to seek help from Microsoft

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That's the thing, it let me pay for gold membership . All remaining time is added to family time. So I can't imagine that it would pick and choose which items I can buy.

Sorry this didn't help.

Bump

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Raptor! Just to confirm, you left the Family Plan and then purchased your own Gold subscription, is that correct? Did you rejoin the Family Plan at that point or are you still on your own? Can you log in to https://commerce.microsoft.com and verify that all your account information is current and correct? Let us know, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes I had gold then joined the family pack . Then left the family pack and purchases gold again after realizing at 34 yrs old I would still have to call and ask my dad to buy anything. Only now I still can't make any transactions except to actually buy the gold time. All my billing accounts are correct. I've checked again, even though it let me buy Xbox live gold. So anymore suggestions? Thx

Sorry this didn't help.

OK, so it sounds like you did everything right regarding exiting the family plan and getting your own account.  Are you trying to make these purchases over the console or the website?  If it's just the console, let's try the website as well. If both are misbehaving, would you be able to try using a different method of payment?  Also, have you had any contact with your bank to see if anything is blocking it on their end? Thanks!  We'll get to the bottom of this yet! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

I had my own account long before this venture ;)

Yes I was just trying over the console.

I have tried a couple different payment methods. It allows  me to buy membership with this same payment methods. Just can't purchase anything except that .

No I haven't contacted the bank, my card and Paypal both work to buy Xbox live .

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey again Raptor! If you cannot seem to fix this issue on your end, you may need to contact a billing expert. Contact us via chat or phone and an agent will be able to assist you further. Please let us know how that goes, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.