Can't authorize the selected payment option. Please select a different payment method or add a new one.

Hello, I am creating my own thread since I see thats the only way to get this solved. I have tried to purchase more points over the last few days and everytime have receievd this error message - "Can't authorize the selected payment option. Please select a different payment method or add a new one."

I don't get an error number though.

Steps taken so far : Have added my primary paypal account 2 more times. Have added a new paypal account. Have added a Credit card (which I really didn't want to do). I've gone to my "account" page on Microsft Accounts and checked that everything is fine - it is.

Please fix this. Incredibly frustrating.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 15 Applies to:

Hey! Firstly, can you please verify that your billing information is up-to-date and matches what your financial establishment has on record? Your billing information should also be registered to the same country as your LIVE ID and match the region in which you currently reside. You can double check your LIVE ID's region by logging on to http://billing.microsoft.com and clicking on "Personal Information". For more information on payment methods, check out this sticky: forums.xbox.com/.../153161.aspx

-

If you've verified that everything is up-to-date with your billing details, please go ahead and give support a phone call. They will be able to get you set up.

-

If you want some points quickly, you can buy prepaid cards, though this isn't exactly a solution to your problem. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've done all of that and I am military stationed oversea's with an american console and one month I can use my payment options then the next month I cannot. So I don't think it has anything to do with region. I've contacted support and all they were able to tell me is to delete the microsoft marketplace live data from my storage device which I have done. But it still does not fix the problem. Then when I call back saying the problem still exist I'm told to purchase a prepaid card from a store. Which majority of the time they don't have any in on base, and if they do it's either more points then I want or less points then I want. Also by the way I failed to mention our store is not on the same base I'm on nor do I have a vehicle to drive to it so I have to walk after working 12 hrs a day. Then I'm told if I can't reach the store I can buy it online from websites I don't use nor trust to put my card information on no matter how many people use it. I guess when it boils down to it I just want to know when are you all going to fix this issue?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the exact same issue brother.

I tried everything you tried.  I tried buying them through the microsoft website, but the awesome security feature kicks in and sends a magical code to my inbox which I never receive.

I tried ordering a pre-paid card online, only to have Microsoft cancel the transaction and refund the money.  Does Microsoft like to advertise points and then refuse to sell them?  

They blamed it on the bank whom I called and they confirmed it was Microsoft who reversed the transaction.

Uh...guys....what business actively refuses it's customers' money?

Wow.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey MachineTube6561! I'm sorry for the experience! Since this thread is a bit dated and the OP has most likely already been resolved, can I have you create a brand new thread in this forum? We'd be happy to help you out there. :)

Sorry this didn't help.