Can't authorize the selected payment option.

im trying to buy 5000 ms points, but every time i try i get the ''Can't authorize the selected payment option'' message, i have tried to update the creditcard, and add a new one, but nothing helps. and when i try to buy it on xbox.com it says ''we cant recognize the computer you are using'' and it says i've got to log in on a cleared computer which i cant get.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Grimlike, that is not correct. The customer MAY have a 'soft lock' on the account this is something that happens if the customer tries to make a purchase several time in a row unsuccessfully within a 24 hour period of time, but this will have no bearing on redeeming PPC's. I believe you are thinking about a different error message. I believe it is the message that ends in FB.

In any case Furbell, try a few steps to resolve this, try testing the connection, if that does not work make sure that the billing information attached to the credit card match what is on the account. If that does not resolve try changing the contact email address on the account so that it does not match the WLID.

If this does not work, try to not make any purchases for 72 hours, let the system refresh, and try again. Remember you can always use Amazon.com and you can go buy PPC's and redeem them on your account.

Hope this helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If it can't recognize the computer you're using, sign into account.live.com -> Security -> Manage -> Add Trusted PC (must use Internet Explorer). Make sure the billing info on your account at billing.microsoft.com is correct as well. Bear in mind, the limit to buy MS Points is 6,000, which I believe is in a 24 hour period.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello.

This means that  your account has been suspended from making purchases with your credit card. You will not be able to redeem prepaid cards either. Contact microsoft billing&support for this to be explained further. Thanks :)

Sorry this didn't help.

you're not alone trust me!

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same problem as you Furrubell, but Grimlike however my account wasn't suspended.  It was better I did it via xbox.com rather on the xbox itself

Sorry this didn't help.