Can't Authorize payments

Hi, so I'm new to the XBOX family (2 days old).  Yesterday I bought 6000 points via paypal, no problem, I even bought SanAndreas with them (way coool).  Then today, I come back from work, I try to buy Red dead, and it says it ¸"Can't authorize the selected payment option.  Please select a different payment option of add a new one."  So I did, added my credit card, retry same message.   I did changed my mail via the xbox.com so it's not the same as my gamertag, same thing, doesn't work.  There is gotta be something wrong with the servers as I can see many people seems to have this problem today. HMMMM do I bring back the XBOX to the store and go back to my old black noisy thing that lays on the table.  ???

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

It's probably because xbox does not allow a lot of purchases within a specific time frame.  Try calling support and speaking with billing to see if they can unlock your purchasing ability.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello, EB1980

1.If you could sign into xbox.com, then go to "My Account" (There is a link at the top right of the screen, under your gamertag).

2.Then Under "Paymet & Billing" select "Billing Contact Information".

3.Then Change your email address to an email that is not the one tied to your xbox live account.

4.Check all your other info is correct, then save.

5.Try making a purchase again.

Also check the Microsoft billing website (link below) to see if you owe Microsoft any money

billing.microsoft.com/home.aspx

If that does not help then onyx62is is probably right, and it has to do with a block on your account. Calling support should get that taken off. If you are still having trouble please post back here and we will do our best to further assist you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey all,

While the above options are all great first steps, it's best to understand that often times your card provider (bank - institution) will block repeat purchases. One more step you could try is to contact them to see if they're preventing recurring charges.

Cheers!

B

Sorry this didn't help.