Can't authorize my payment?

Ok I bought 3 months of Xbox live and it worked great and then I tried to buy Microsoft points.... It says it can't authorize my payment but I just bought Xbox live literally minutes ago and it won't let me buy points? How can I fix this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey SignalGnu33853! Can you try again after 24 hours? This can happen if the first purchase had not yet processed. This can also occur if there is an issue with account, did everything check out on your billing site? If so, you may need to contact phone support as they'll be able to take a closer look at your account information!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok....my mom was able to buy Xbox live on her account and she used the same credit card that I used to buy Xbox live gold? But I can't buy Microsoft Points?

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings,

For this issue I would first recommend logging on to https://billing.microsoft.com and making sure all of your payment information is configured correctly according to this sticky: forums.xbox.com/.../153161.aspx

If everything looks good there and you still are encountering issues I would advise you to get in touch with phone support. They will be able to help you work through the situation.

Thanks in advance! Let me know if you have any more questions. :)

Sorry this didn't help.