Can't Add Credit Card

Hello,

I am having an issue with my account, I recently bought a DLC for a game and now that I got a gift card for Christmas I deleted the previous card on my Xbox and now I cannot add a new one. Even when I go online and try to click the Add credit card option the link will not follow. I noticed it would not work when I entered my gift card (It's a master card prepaid) the expiration date was 2021 and I put it as 2020 for that was as high as it would go and now I cannot even add a card on my computer. Is something wrong or is it closed for Christmas?

In short: I cannot add a credit card and the links to do so will not work.

Thanks,

Renji

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi; RenjiAbarai 1;

The reason that you can't add the card you're using is because you cannot use a pre-paid credit card. This is due to the fact that the billing address on the pre-paid card does not match your address. You'll have to use a regular card or PyaPal, or use the prepaid credit card to purchase an Xbox currency card from a retailer. Sorry.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the quick answer!

If the DLC says it's price in cash can I purchase it with microsoft points and if not do the xbox currency cards count as cash?

Sorry this didn't help.

hello, can someone help me buy microsoft points with a credit card because I'm not getting, already checked the address and the option to add credit card and still the same error (8c320008) thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Renji;

If you still have MS Points in your account, they should be automatically converted when you go to make the purchase. If you have a Points card, they points should be automatically converted when you redeem them. I'd do it quick, however, because I'm not sure how long it will still convert the points..

R asafe7;

You cannot purchase Microsoft Points any longer; they have officially been retired/discontinued. If you want to add your local currency into your Microsoft Account (what used to be the stored points), you'll need to purchase a currency gift card for xbox. Also, for future reference, you should post your questions in threads of your own, that way all answers given can be tailored to your issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm with Lloyds TSB and I want to attach my debit card to my xbox account, but everytime I write in the correct details, it says that there is a error... Please help me??

Sorry this didn't help.