Can't activate Xbox live gold

Ok I was cut of off a few weeks back from gold as my payment method was declined lack of funds. So I brought a redeem code from a shop for 12 months live and now it won't recognise the code. I have status code 80169d3a. What do I do now its bad enough being cut off when money is tight but I am pissed now as I want it to work. Don't seem to be able to get Microsoft to understand the the email I logged in with no longer existed as well. So I can't get a code sent to me as the email addy is years out of date. Help please.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 219 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

did you incur any unpaid balance? if thats the case you wont be able to redeem that code until your paid up. try going to commerece.microsoft.com and have a look at your account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ahh don't no tbh assumed once the payment failed you were just disconnected.

Sorry this didn't help.

Won't let me look as it wants to send me a code to confirm who I am but both email addy are dead. I have tried to update it but won't let me look at billing.

Sorry this didn't help.

You may have to give the customer service a call and have them unlock the account.

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you still access your gamertag as a free account?? if so please follow these steps to change the email associated to your gamertag

You can change the Microsoft account that is associated with your Xbox LIVE gamertag. Here’s how:

1. Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.
  2. Go to Settings and select Account.

1. Scroll right to Your Information and select Account Security.
  2. Select Change Windows Live ID. (Your Windows Live ID is your Microsoft account. Find out more.)

Do one of the following:

• If you have another Microsoft account, select Yes.
    • If you do not have another Microsoft account, go to accounts.live.com and click Sign up. After you have another Microsoft account set up, select Yes and continue with the next step.
    • Enter the password for the Microsoft account that is currently associated with your gamertag, and then select Sign in.
    • Enter the email address and the password for the new Microsoft account that you want to associate with your gamertag, and then select Sign in.
    • Select Yes, change to change the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox LIVE account.
    • Select Update Contact Information to update your contact information or Done to finish.

Notes

• When you change your Microsoft account, your Microsoft Points are automatically transferred to the new Microsoft account.
  • You can make only one Microsoft account change for a given gamertag every 30 days.
  • You must also wait 30 days after your gamertag is downloaded from Xbox LIVE before you can switch that gamertag to a different Microsoft account. If 30 days have not passed since the gamertag was downloaded, you’ll get an error message.
  • Before you can change the Microsoft account associated with a child account, you must provide the Microsoft account information for the adult account that has parental control.
  • You can choose to require input of your Microsoft account password to sign in to Xbox LIVE. For more information on how to do this, see Password-protect your Xbox LIVE profile.

Once you change the email receiving these emails from Microsoft should no longer be a problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

Also if you want to phone support the U.S. phone# is 1800-my-xbox. if you reside in a different region please inform me and I will give you the corresponding phone#

goodluck -Listed

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi yes I live in the uk can't seem to find a phone number for us. My guess is I must owe some outstanding money but as I can't access my payment details to find out I am kinda stuck. It asked for me to update my details which I have fine but won't allow me any further. The old details are due to be deleted but not for a month.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi yes I live in the uk can't seem to find a phone number for us. My guess is I must owe some outstanding money but as I can't access my payment details to find out I am kinda stuck. It asked for me to update my details which I have fine but won't allow me any further. The old details are due to be deleted but not for a month.

Sorry this didn't help.

Try calling customer support

Sorry this didn't help.

None of the above is working. Can't seem to get it to recognise my new email address.

Sorry this didn't help.