Can't access old GFWL account, any way to move keys to new account?

After not using my Games for Windows Live account for about a year, I have finally purchased a game through Steam that requires a log in to that service, and I am unable to remember the correct information to re-enter my old account that I had linked to four different games. Within the year of not using the service I have reformatted my computer and any saved information associated to the account was lost for it does not remember the log in information. I know what the end gamertag is but not the associated e-mail or password, and the limited scope of combinations I could have used back then have not worked.

Is there any way to be able to move my keys, that I can still access from the Steam library, onto my new account? I don't care about the save files since I could go back through and beat them again, but being able to play them after having already bought them/had them gifted is what I need most. Or is there any way to contact someone that could help resolve this issue?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I don't believe there's any way to transfer purchases from one Gamertag/account to another.  Once bought, they're bound to the Gamertag/account used for the purchase.  

If you know the email address used for your account, you should be able to reset the password to regain access using the steps in support.xbox.com/.../manage-live-id

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

"I know what the end gamertag is but not the associated e-mail or password"

Even though I only used 2 e-mail addresses back when I started it, neither are said to be known Live IDs, and though I believe it made me make a hotmail/live account the one I believe I had used since it had older information, and was able to log back into now, never worked.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Infernalz13! I'm afraid there is a strong chance you might not be able to regain access without the WLID and password but your best bet is to schedule a call with phone support (support.xbox.com/contact-us) as they'll be able to take a closer look at your account!

Sorry this didn't help.

Would having all 4 keys that are linked with the account even be enough? Those I can still access, maybe if I had put my name in it too that could help it, but there's no point in any of that if they're only going to ask for account specific 'what email is associated with it? what was the password?' for obvious reasons. And is there anyway to do all that through e-mail?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Infernalz13! I'm afraid this is something you'll need to do over the phone, or you can try chat support! You can schedule a call here: (support.xbox.com/contact-us)

Sorry this didn't help.