Can't access my content since licence transfer

Hello there. I recently change my Xbox 360 but I kept my HDD from the old 360 and stuck it on the new one, as well as that I have transferred and downloaded all of my licences. Yet still I am unable to access a lot of my purchases but I don't know why, I spent a lot of money on that content somebody please help me get it all back

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Did you re-download all of the content? Even if you already have all of the content on the hard drive, you still need to perform this step so that the console can download the updated license. It won't actually take very long because the console will realize the content is already there and then just downloads the license only.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I think I have redownloaded most of the content. But for example today I wanted to play halo reach and it said that I didn't have the map packs I downloaded them again which took about a second but I was still unable to play.

Sorry this didn't help.

Halo Reach in particular seems to be having a minor issue because there is a map pack due to release tomorrow. Assuming the license transfer processed successfully (it sounds like you have done everything you are supposed to do), you should be fine.

Also, you should really only see content access issues if you are attempting to play while not connected to XBox Live and only then if the content requires a license transfer. This assumes you are using the account that was used to purchase the content.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmmm, I'll wait and see about halo I guess. I should check out the other content too.

Another one that I've noticed is trials HD. The bike game.

I had the full game but it now only shows up as a trial and it asks me to unlock the full game and pay the full price. I have already done that once and I've even bought the dlc for that game, I got all the achievements for that game and it's asking me to pay again

Also, I have read something about having attached a hard drive from another Xbox causing issues like this. May this be the case here? Apparently it might be causing this because the hard drive is not registered to my console because it's from my old one.

Sorry this didn't help.

Licenses are granted to the purchasing account and to the purchasing console. The account can access the content anywhere as long as it is connected to XBox Live. The console license grants access to all accounts on that console whether online or offline.

If you are getting that message regarding Trials HD, then that means that either you purchased it under a different account (you would need to do a license transfer for that account to your new console) or you need to re-download the content in order to update your license or the license transfer did not complete successfully and you will need to try it again. Note: There is now an option to do this directly from the console under the Account Management section.

As for your hard drive, it doesn't really matter that it was attached to a different XBox as the licenses are not granted to the hard drive.

Sorry this didn't help.

I did the licence transfer directly from the console

Sorry this didn't help.

So far I've only found the problem to be with trials HD and halo reach. I haven't tried all of my content though

Sorry this didn't help.

I wouldn't do anything with Halo Reach just yet, but you might try completely deleting the Trials HD game and DLC (but not any saved games), clearing your cache, and then re-downloading it all.

Sorry this didn't help.

Halo reach maps still don't work and neither does trials HD

Sorry this didn't help.