Can you play Xbox Originals and still be connected to Xbox Live?

Can you?  I'm thinking about getting an Xbox original game, but I wanna know if I can still join my friends' parties to talk to them.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 36 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Nope, Support for the Xbox was shut down a while ago. in addition, it never allowed Party Chat or other Features from Xbox LIVE on the Xbox 360.

I wish you could. I would love to play some GTA San Andreas while in a party chat with some friends :)

@LostKauz.. Just asking..

If you're in Party Chat & it's not set to Game Chat, while playing an Originals game... Shouldn't it just use the dashboard for communication [Can still use Guide Button] & the console will open ports for party chat etc..??

^

I don't believe that's the case, no. Worth a try to confirm but not likely.

it won't let you connect to live while play an original xbox game. so you can't even go to party chat.

i'd wish it did though.

The originals have no dash support so you will not be able to use party or private chat. Your friends will still see you online, but you won't be able to see them or get message until you exit the game. My recommemdation would be to creat a silver profile and play the original title on that one. I've done that a few times with some older games I play from the first xbox.

"My recommemdation would be to creat a silver profile and play the original title on that one".

Where's the advantage to doing that as opposed to just using your Gold one?

[quote user="NanoTechSoldier"]

@LostKauz.. Just asking..

If you're in Party Chat & it's not set to Game Chat, while playing an Originals game... Shouldn't it just use the dashboard for communication [Can still use Guide Button] & the console will open ports for party chat etc..??

[/quote]No, you're removed from Party Chat. The Guide Button is replaced with all current Support from Xbox LIVE while playing Xbox OG Games.

yes you can first write down your system info on your 360 then go on your ox and put in that code combanation aa ab sb sb as in ailver butten it does work it tells ms that its new dash so yea have fun

[quote user="XxFireKinglllXx"]

yes you can first write down your system info on your 360 then go on your ox and put in that code combanation aa ab sb sb as in ailver butten it does work it tells ms that its new dash so yea have fun

[/quote]And what if you don't have an Ox? I have a couple of cats will it work on them? ANd which one is the Ailver button again?