Can you play downloaded content you purchased from one account on to another if you downloaded it on the same Xbox?

On my main account I always buy downloadable content if I want it to and I was wondering if it was possible to play the downloadable content on a different account without having to buy it again. I recently purchased a couple of  DLC's for Mass Effect 3 and I did it on this main account.  I also have another account that I want to play the same downloaded content on but according to the "available content" on the main screen for Mass Effect 3 none of the things I purchased has been downloaded.  Yet when I go to my main account it says the DLC I purchased is checked in as downloaded.  Does this mean I have to repurchase every DLC for my other account even though I already bought the same DLC's on the same x box just on my main account?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

When you purchase content it is tied to the gamertag it was purchased on as well as the console it was purchased on. The console license allows other profiles on the same console to have access to the content. In some cases there is content that cannot be accessed this way. So that could be a possibility.

If you've ever switched consoles since you first purchased the content, you would need to do a license transfer to move the console license to the console you are using and then you may be able to use it on your second account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

After contacting xbox live I was able to figure out the solution to the problem.  Basically I just had to download my main profile and it allowed me to play dlc on my other account.  Thanks for answering though.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.