Can you gift MS points to another LIVE member?

I called MS today as every time i switched on my account i had more points and when i say more points, i mean thousands of more points.  Naturally my initial concern was someone had gotten my card details (that are attached to my account) and were buying points, so like i said, i called MS support and told them what was happening.  Anyway, it transpired that Xbox rewards had glitched on some accounts, which led to some people getting more points than they were entitled to and becasue i had called up and had been honest with them, i was told i could keep the aforementioned points as a gesture of goodwill.

So aye, on to my initial question; is it possible to gift points to others?   I'd like to give both my nephew and one of his mate's some points as there's no way I'm ever going to use what i now have.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 32 Applies to:

Yh  i signed into xbox and got 1200 points i spent them all :)

[quote user="UsualKillerThug"]

Yh  i signed into xbox and got 1200 points i spent them all :)

[/quote]

Don't be so happy, apparently they want it back.

It seems to be a glitch.  Lots of people are getting these extra points.  

Cheers people.

Just a pity you can't even gift XBLA games either.  That would have been an idea too.  

[quote user="The Resistance"]

[quote user="Temhotabot"]

Yes you can. [edit] Otherwise no you can not.

[/quote]

Which is what I said. A simple "Like The Resistance stated, you cannot.. However if you they were part of the Family Plan.." would have been a better.

[/quote]

We are both correct. Let's just leave it at that.

Yes you can. If you are part of the Family Gold Plan and are the Primary Account you can gift points the other three accounts in the plan. Otherwise no you can not.

Yes you can.......give them a points card...........I mean really folks...........

Nope. You cannot gift Microsoft Points to other members.

[quote user="Temhotabot"]

Yes you can. [edit] Otherwise no you can not.

[/quote]

Which is what I said. A simple "Like The Resistance stated, you cannot.. However if you they were part of the Family Plan.." would have been a better.