Can You Get Banned for Modded Controllers?

No, I don't use one. I'm just wondering if you can. A lot of people so you can't why and I'm wondering why not? It's a form of cheating.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 48 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I don't think so..

No, but I wish they would. People to lazy to train their fingers to shoot fast. *Facepalm* Seriously, they are annoying though.

Well, here's how I see why it should be banned and it's a horrible analogy but here goes.

Say you're taking a test. Here, I am the standard test taker who has some knowledge at my brain and the pencil to put down that knowledge on the test.

Then comes some guy who has no knowledge whatsoever in his brain but somehow, has a super godlike pencil that manages to write down all the correct answers on the test. The modded controller is that pencil. It makes that guy superior in skill level whereas I, the regular player, am screwed over by that player.

Isn't that cheating?

Some people can train themselves to shoot really fast with a modded controller.  So there is no way of proving that someone is actually using one without actually going to their house and checking lol.  It's not really that big of a deal, most of the users still suck with them.

you cannot get banned for using a modded controller, as it is impossible to detect whether or not your controller is actually modded (unless, as someone mentioned earlier, a representative is sent to your house to check lol)

i would advise NOT taking the aforementioned controller to organized events however, you'll run into some trouble there

ps3 downloaded an update that made all rapid fire controllers that were made before that date,useless.

they didn`t ban anyone they just stopped them working.

i would presume microsoft have similar security in their updates.

they may not ban them but eventually they will stop them.

[quote user="THEOWENKILLER"]

ps3 downloaded an update that made all rapid fire controllers that were made before that date,useless.

they didn`t ban anyone they just stopped them working.

i would presume microsoft have similar security in their updates.

they may not ban them but eventually they will stop them.

[/quote]Just put a RoF cap on all FPS's from now on and the problem is solved. 

Yeah, that'd be great but it doesn't seem like Call of Duty developers think of this much. Doesn't Gears have an RoF cap?

[quote user="Peppermiinty"]

Yeah, that'd be great but it doesn't seem like Call of Duty developers think of this much. Doesn't Gears have an RoF cap?

[/quote]Gears does and BO actually does as well. WaW had something similar to it but instead of putting a cap on the RoF, they would just mod block you (meaning that if you fired so fast that it would prevent you from shooting for a second).

Besides Walmart even sells rapid fire controllers for 39 bucks so how can they ban them ? They should because they are crap anyways lol If you think PS3 controllers feel like you'll snap them in half these are even worse lmao