can you change one arcade game to anther console with a full licence transfer?

I have two xbox's , ones online, the others my boys and is only used offline. Finally bought minecraft for him but then realized to my horror  that I downloaded to the wrong console. I have the map pack for halo 4 purchased so I figured that if I did a licence transfer that the map pack would transfer as well .I only want to move the one game to his console as I don't enjoy watching someone spending countless hours moving different colored boxes around. Is this possible? And if I did the full licence transfer would I indeed lose my map packs as well? I already have the gold family account I just don't want to shell out another $20 for a second minecraft game that wont be played 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 46 Applies to:

Here's some good news. If you want to do a Digital Rights transfer so your boys can play the games on their Xbox (Box B) you can do a transfer once every four months.

-

On your console (Box B), sign in to Xbox LIVE using the gamertag that you used to purchase the content.

-

Go to Settings and select Account.

-

Go to Your Billing Options and select License Transfer.

-

Follow the instructions to transfer the content licenses.

-

After the licenses are transferred, you need to download the content again to update the local licenses. Then the content can be used by other profiles on your console and when you’re not connected to Xbox LIVE.

-

Remember, once you do this, the purchasing account will be the only one on Box A that can use any of the purchased content.

-

For mor information on the subject, check this page out: support.xbox.com/.../download-content

-

I hope this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Just to slightly clarify what Mistress Sara said, each item you buy comes with two types of licenses (one for the profile that bought it, which allows that profile permanent access; and one for the console, which allows access to all profiles on that console), when you do a license transfer only the console license moves to the new console. Your profile will never lose access to items you buy with it regardless of what console you sign in on.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.