Can we just stop the war?

• Ok, I left the forums for months because of all the nonsensical bickering on here, and coming back I see it hasn't changed.  With the release of the BF 3 Open Beta, it seems like anyone with a negative opinion of it gets flamed, or called out.  Im going to try and be as non biased as possibly despite my love for the BF games.
  • Sure, the beta isnt up to par with what many of us were expecting.  I think a lot of us were thinking we would be getting a playable demo (you know, like WaW, and COD 4 were), and when we played our firsts matches, we noticed all the bugs, and got angry....maybe not all, but some.  Truth is, its a beta, so yes it is going to have bugs, its not a demo, and i think a lot need to get that mentality out of your head.  Some parts are going to be representative of the final game, others arent.  A lot of polish is going to be put into it, DICE has already released a list with major fixes they are implementing.  Now, should they have released this 2 weeks before release?  Probably not, which also goes into the mentality that this is a demo representative of the final game and not actually a beta.  Should we really be skeptical of DICE?  They have shown that they can make exceptional games, BF 42, BF 2, BC 2, BF 43, BF 2142, and BF Vietnam/Expansion.  Yes, theyve had a blunder or two, BC 1, and MOH, but if we take that they messed up on BC 1, and turned it around for BC 2, what makes you think they cant do the same from MOH to BF 3?
  • Even if this were a demo, and had no flaws in it, we'd still be seeing many, if not a few of the same people, complaining about the game, so really whats the point? There is a difference between giving constructive criticism on the beta/game, and saying "well this game just blows".  Also, whats really the point in flaming others for their opinion of a game (yes I used to do this, but since then Ive grown)?  Its pointless.  Who cares if Schmuk A like Game A and you dont, what do you accomplish for flaming him?  I see this going on with the beta, people who dont like it get called childish, CODpieces, should go play that kiddy game, buy a pacifier, and vice versa, some who dont like the beta are flaming those that do.  Who cares?  
  • TL;DR - Whats the point of flaming if someone does/doesnt like the beta?  Should we really be worried about the game, given DICEs track record with BF games?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If internet bickering upsets you, you will have a very long, disappointing future. Can't let stuff like that get to you, man.

Its not that it upsets me, its just, whats really the point of it?  

There's no point at all. There's really no point to a lot of things gamers argue about, lol.

"Ok, I left the forums for months because of all the nonsensical bickering on here, and coming back I see it hasn't changed." (<---- since I have no goddamn clue how you quote people now.....)

Sums it up for me.... stupid and annoying really. I miss the old forums where it was actually fun/funny threads and not just constant "This game blows" "No, you blow, go play cod"

wow.... even the sigs got messed up? Still not liking the new setup....

You tell us you wish to stop the war between BF3 beta lovers and BF3 beta dislikers.

Yet you fan the flamewar of BF3 v.s MW3 in your signature.

How.. hypocritical.

Ignorance should be challenged.  Then there's the fact there are people who go on forums and spread lies rumors and falsehoods for fun and profit.  I'm not going to come right out and say it's for sure happening here, but it happens in every other aspect of internet forums - political, restaurant review sites, support forums, etc. that alone is reason to to think it could be happening here.  Probably going in both directions.   Google reputation management, or the Rendon group...

[quote user="xXDarkBlade14Xx"]

"Ok, I left the forums for months because of all the nonsensical bickering on here, and coming back I see it hasn't changed." (<---- since I have no goddamn clue how you quote people now.....)

Sums it up for me.... stupid and annoying really. I miss the old forums where it was actually fun/funny threads and not just constant "This game blows" "No, you blow, go play cod"

[/quote]

That was back when this forum and community was actually fun.  Now, if you say a good or bad thing, or even sarcastic/joking thing, a flame war brews until no end.  

Yup, then the thread gets locked and any valid points are lost in the gelatinous blob of stupidity.....

Also, how the eff did you quote?! I feel so stupid that I can't figure it out. And where are all the smilies/emoticons? I miss the simplicity of the old forums lol

To quote, use rich formatting and then clock on "Quote"