can two account in same xbox 360 console use one add-on game that was purchased by only one account?

i have two account in my xbox console and i just wanna purchase a add-on for the game but can other account use it when im logged off

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 20 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yes, as far as both accounts are on the same xbox that it was purchased on, should work for any account that is in that xbox

You would have to have signed in from the xbox you own. You can use it as long as you keep the dlc profile on the xbox

No, if you buy it on one account, the other doesnt get it. However during the weekend challenges when they were around commendation packs would double onto the other account. My son has played his file like 3 times and some of his promo weapons are higher than mine. He usually likes playing on dads file since I have all the goodies.

[quote user="BAD 2020"]No, if you buy it on one account, the other doesnt get it[/quote]Yes, it does.

Most DLC, the big exception being avatar items, is licensed to two things. The account which bought it and the console it was first downloaded to.

That second, console, license lets you play the content offline and allows other profiles on the console to use it.

All the accounts on my console are able to use all of my Mass Effect content from across the trilogy. 

Dude seriously do you just follow me around waiting to try and tell me im wrong. In this case I was I misread it and thought he meant packs not add ons. Get off my back bro. People can be wrong. its ok we are all human. You dont need to be so quick to jump the gun to say your wrong. Its getting old. BTW did you notice in the other thread most people said aliens like i did.  I didnt see you jumping down their throat. Im not some punk *** kid im full adult. Older than you im sure. So start viewing me as what I am not your vision of what I am. Or try changing your approach cause you just sound like someone who thinks that they know it all, and unless you helped make the game, you dont.

No attempt was made to 'follow you'. If I were to avoid threads that you contribute to here on the forum then I would be limited indeed to where I could post.

-

Nor was the correction a personal attack upon you, as you seem to have taken it. The OP deserves the correct answer and that is what he has now been provided.

-

For the record "TheDay2Remember" is also wrong, as providing the correct licenses are in place the purchasing profile does not need to remain on the console. So my apologies there for missing that.

-

I don't claim to know everything, to do so would be foolish indeed as there is always something new to learn. It just happens that on this occasion I did know the correct answer.

How about you stay away from me and I will do the same for you. I'm pretty sure we have a dislike for each other. If you dont then sorry for posting something that was "wrong". My dislike will continue either way.

Interesting, I wasn't aware that you could share DLC content on the same Xbox for multiple accounts (the reason being because I'm the only one that plays my Xbox).  Good information  :)

[quote user="mofokill314"]

i have two account in my xbox console and i just wanna purchase a add-on for the game but can other account use it when im logged off

[/quote]

One thing to keep in mind is that, although all profiles assigned to a console will be able to share most of their DLC (ME3 Online Pass included), only the profile that purchased the content will be able to access it after transferring your content/license to another console at first, the profile that purchased it must re-download the content again (even if it's all ready on the new hard drive) before the other profiles can access it again on another console.  I found this out the hard way about a year or so ago when my son was no longer able to play ME2 content after I transferred everything to a new console, he unnecessarily purchased all of the content that was all ready there before I learned that I simply needed to re-download it, in addition to wasting many mspoints it appears that the 360 Transfer Cable is also a waste for you have to re-download your content anyways for other profiles to access it...:-)

My ME2 game usually tells me there is a profile change and restarts my game because I once used my sons ME2 file from his account on my account back before they locked content to the buyers profile. It still does it today. Oddly I am able to transfer his file into ME3 from my files now.