Can Sonic Generations be GOTY?

Sorry for the sudden surge of threads by me. I just wanted to talk about Sonic Generations and how its overhaul can lead to great results. 

Here's the IGN REVIEW http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1211001p1.html  

The 8.5 is a great score and compare it to the Sonic 06 atrocity, we get a better grasp of what Sega is doing.

Unfortunately this might just be a one-time thing for our beloved blue hero since his Classic form is appearing for his anniversary

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/10/sega-has-no-plans-to-bring-classic-sonic-back-after-sonic-generations/

So what are your thoughts on Sonic Generations? Sonic is definitely coming back, with momentum, and might strike the stars if the game's quality is consistent, there's a decent length and the music/visuals wow us like the olden days. Are you looking forward to it? Or is speedy blue dude dead for good?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

IN Short: No, sonic has been dead for a while.

SpeedyBlueDude would be proud.

Assassinator: Sonic was never Dead. He hit a low point with Sonic The Hedghog 06, but he wasn't dead. The only real bad Sonic Games are Shadow, 06, and Black Night. The other games were awesome/decent. Heck, Colors and Sonic 4 were awesome last year.

-

I think Sonic is definitly making a comeback with more Quality games to come. Sonic 4 Episode 2 should be another good game comming out next year. I disagree with everything IGN took points off for, the graphics look awesome from whst I've seen, and the music is godly.

-

Sucks Classic Sonic is going away after Generations, I hate Modern Sonic when he's compared to Classic, Classic has a better design and gameay, even though Modern Sonic is pretty cool himself.

Will it be a good game? Sure, will it get GOTY, not even. Its main selling point is nostalgia.

It's main selling point are the prominent visuals that permeate with exuberance.

Judging by the demo. No. Not even close. The game isn't very fun. It's way too fast for its own good. Both the modern and classic Sonic, I understand that Sonic is supposed to be fast, but it's just *too* fast. Sonic 4 is better than Generations and Sonic 4 was boring.

I honestly don't know what you expected.

I thought the demo was awesome. I'm excited to get Sonic Generations next week and I think I'll be a good game, but I doubt it'll get GOTY.

To think it's even a candidate for GOTY is pretty laughable.

In the bargain bin in under 4 months.