Can Skyrim game code from Xbox bundle be used on a different Xbox machine?

I just bought a 4th Xbox for the house via Craigslist the other day.  It was a holiday bundle from late 2012.  In the box, there is a card for a free download of the game Skyrim.  The gray scratch coating is still in-tact and I'm assuming that it will allow me to download the game for free with that code.

My question is: do I have to download it onto this bundled Xbox unit?  Or can I download it onto a different Xbox in my house instead?  I am assuming it's just like any other online Xbox purchase where it's for any user on whatever the initial box is that it is downloaded upon and then can be downloaded and played on any other box as long as it's logged into that user's Xbox Live acct.

Just thought I'd check first.  Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:
Answer

Actually, it doesn't depend on the system unit you're downloading it to. It is attached to your Gamertag. Like for example, if you redeem it on this account, this account will have the license for this game, not the console.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Thanks.  For another game that I paid for (NHL 14), I and my kids are able to play it when they log into their Live accounts on the primary Xbox.  But on the other Xbox machines in the house, I have to log in first for them to play using their accounts.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.