Can Not Download Portal: Still Alive

Hello there,

I have been trying for the past two days to download Portal still alive onto my Xbox 1.  Obviously, I know that I can not download it directly from the console and have been trying to download it from xbox.com.  When I go to download, I can download the trailer and the demo, but not the game because a pop up comes up that says "we could not process your payment at this time".  Like I have said, this is a two day ordeal and I have tried both my card (which definitely has money on it and I doubled checked every detail about it twice and it is all correct) as well as Paypal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  It has been frustrating trying to figure this out.  Hopefully, I can get a response soon.

Thanks,

-Eddie

Hey, Eddie! Sorry you're seeing any errors while trying to purchase. What is the exact error message you are receiving? In addition to that, you should see an error code at the bottom left of the page. Both of those will help us understand what you're running into, and offer troubleshooting steps or get you pointed in the right place. :)

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I am also having this same issue buying Portal Still Alive. the exact message that comes up is like Eddie said: "Sorry, Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try again." with no error code, and when I check my account information it shows the purchase in the  history, but says declined next to it. Also since there has been an update to the xbox one store to show the compatible games I tried to purchase it through those means but got the message that the game cannot be purchased using the xbox one. I wonder if it is an error with the store somehow, but like I said there are no error codes given.

thanks,

Micah

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, there's something wrong with Portal: Still Alive. I've bought it ages ago on Xbox 360 and had downloaded it to my Xbox One and even played it after it was made backward compatible.

Today when I tried to play was giving me the error like I hadn't a license for it (can't remember it exactly something like pop in the disc or if you've bought it download it from the store), and when I deleted it to try to download it again, it's not showing on the Ready to Install list and there's no download button on the Store page.

On marketplace.xbox.com it says Already purchased, but on store.xbox.com it says Bundle only, and if I click it, it takes to the "Customers who played this game, also played these" section of the page. So basically I can't download it again anymore to my Xbox One.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Actually it seems it's not just Portal. I'm getting the same error (error code 0x803f8001) on all Backward Compatible games on Xbox One at the moment.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Becerikli,

Are you in the Xbox One preview program currently? This is something that has been going on with the latest Preview build. If so, you're going to want to post about this problems in the Xbox One Preview Forums for the best visibility and troubleshooting steps.

micahmack,

Are you able to purchase the game on xbox.com without any problems or error messages?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am not able to purchase the game on xbox.com and the only error message I get is "Sorry, Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try again." I have tried multiple times over many months and still have not been able to purchase it. the only evidence I have that the store even processed the information is that on my account page it is listed under recent purchases with a declined label where the price should be.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey micahmack,

Would you be able to upload a screenshot of the exact error message you're receiving and link it to us in a private message? You can use any popular image hosting site such as OneDrive, and you can private message  me the link by clicking the envelope below this post. This will really help us narrow this down.

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 5, 2022 Views 364 Applies to: