Can not connect to any EA game servers in Xbox Live

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Hi all

I'd thought I'd ask on these forums to see if anyone else has had similar problems.

Until recently I have had no problems with any games on Xbox Live, but last night I was playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 multiplayer with a friend, we left the game we were playing and tried to get into another but to my surprise I got an error saying that connection to EA server has been lost and I could not reconnect. 

I've tried everything I could think of to get the game to reconnect, resetting router, console, clearing system caches the works but nothing worked, my internet connection is fine I can do everything as normal on my PC as for Xbox live I can chat with my friends, download demos etc and play other online games i.e. COD.

I have defiantly narrowed it down to EA servers because the wife's EA Sports active 2 can't connect either.  I have sent a ticket to EA support but they just give me the FAQ answers which I've already done and I'm still waiting on a reply from them hence why I'm here to see if anyone else can help.

Many thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 19 Applies to:

It might be that their servers are down for maintenance. EA does this a few times each year.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.