Can I own a house?

I need someplace to put my stuff where it won't disappear, such as ingredients for crafting.  Are there any houses that I can own, or any containers that won't reset the contents?  I'm tired of dumping it all on the ground and picking it up again one piece at a time.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Victor's shack in GoodSprings, you can get a room in Novac, and the Lucky 38 suite.

phyrian displays wisdom. You can also use your companions as suitcases, jus be aware that they will might use what you give them.

As the others said above....later you will unlock some safehouses.

you can put stuff at doc mitchels or the old shack that victor stands in front of...theres that hotel in novac too, if you help out the guy that runs the gift shop in the dinasore will give you a key too the room top of stairs all the way too the left....i hope that helps : )

Don't forget that gasoline station in case you don't wanna use ol' Vics place in Goodsprings.   Otherwise it's as they wrote.  

The Lucky 38 suite is your best bet if you want to organize your weapons from your armor and from your ingredients, once you purchase the appropriate upgrades, of course.

the skydiving office in the first area works as well

There's alot of places in the map where you can store your stuff, most players usually use Lucky 38, others use the safehouses, some use random locations on the map. I store my stuff in the gas station in good springs or all the way out to the nuke test site..

If you find any location that is already empty, you can use it. If it has something in it alrewady, then don't use it. Anything in the location is apt to respawn each time you open it. If you put your stuff in there, it will respawn somewhere else. You can also use the Carrier boxes to ship things anywhere your going to keep down on travel weight.

Mailboxes, regular boxes, empty desks, empty lockers.

Or as everyone has said. Get one of the proven places.

The real answer is "NO" you cannot "Purchase" a place of your own.

[quote user="Black Diam0ndz"]

There's alot of places in the map where you can store your stuff, most players usually use Lucky 38, others use the safehouses, some use random locations on the map. I store my stuff in the gas station in good springs or all the way out to the nuke test site..

[/quote]

Given the sheer amount of complaining about the Lucky 38 room, I think it is safe to say that most players don't actually use it (though some do swear by it).  On the one hand you have a place with sufficient storage that you can fast travel almost directly to.  2 load screens with a short walk between, and a merchant quite close by in Novac vs. 4 load screens and more walking time for the 38 with no decent nearby merchants.  There are a few small benefits to the 38, but for me and many others the cost of multiple load screens and walking time are just too high.

Think about it like this; when you go to your home, why do you go there?  Most of the time it is probably to drop off stuff and catch an hour's nap.  If this is the primary purpose, then you really want a place that you can get into and out of quickly, and there are many places around the Mojave (including Novac) that perform this function better than the 38.