Can Dragon's Dogma Be The New TES: Skyrim

... I think it can, the combat looks better, and I like the lock-on style hand-to-hand combat like in Assasins Creed rather than the free/open button mashing in Skyrim; Look at this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu52_OkZImc&feature=fvwrel

Hopefully it can be the next big RPG game

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I doubt it,  but i have a feeling that will be better  and more fun to play than LOTR WIN. According to what i read in the last GI it will have a big open world, customization and lot of side quest so i am planning to get it ATM.

I don't think it can beat Skyrim. The only thing that can dethrone Skyrim is Skyrim. Same rule applies to CoD, but that's besides the point.

Quick answer: No.

It's looks really cool, especially the mythological creatures. It's funny you take a jab at Skyrim for button mashing though when this game allows you to spam arrows like crazy. He just pulls arrows out of thin air as he rapid fires them. He even wears a quiver but never pulls arrows from it. Minor detail but you cast the first stone so to speak.

[quote user="PlatinumSpectre"]

Quick answer: No.

[/quote]

Ditto.

Something about this game seems sketchy to me. I don't know if it is the seemingly unfocused setting/narrative, or the combat and enemies of a bad cross between Fable and God of War.

Without a playing a demo I couldn't claim that the game seems confused about which game DD wants to emulate, but I'm wary of this one. The fact that its a capcom game gives me some pause as well; they love their DLC schemes almost as much as bioware...

^^

another thing that made me think is why they are giving RE6 beta on this game instead for buy  ORC. Maybe they are not to sure that the game will be well received and needed an good incentive to make good sales.

It should be better then Fable but I don't think Skyrim.

Honestly, I do not believe you can adequately compare the two. Skyrim is fantastic as a single player RPG, and Dragon's Dogma looks to be a fun co-op RPG experience. However, I am definitely looking forward to Dragon's Dogma. It will definitely provide an excellent start to the summer. :)

First things first, Dragon's Dogma is a single player game only, it does not have coop or multiplayer of any kind. It does have a feature of inporting "pawns" (NPCs who assist you) from other players, but its entirely a single player experience.

Second I think the game looks interesting and the character creation will blow Skyrim out of the water (you can even make a child as your hero).

"I like the lock-on style hand-to-hand combat like in Assasins Creed rather than the free/open button mashing in Skyrim".

Ah... hahahaha. No. You think SKYRIM's combat is 'button mashing' and this game, which aims for you, isn't? You think there's anything to archery in this game? No. I don't think so. Melee combat? Definitely not.

________

Aside from that, the game looks severely average, nothing more.