can BF4 take down COD

Anyone think BF4 will take down CoD?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="sevendust1981"]You can't hip fire an SMG in Battlefield and kill people, it just won't happen.[/quote]But you can hipfire an LMG and win easily because of suppression!

I'll just copy paste from your other identical thread :-)

I do not think it can no. Battlefield is for people craving more of a war sim (not that it succeeds as a sim in any way, it's just closer than COD). Call of Duty is for people craving fast paced twitch FPS. People who prefer twitch FPS nerd rage out of Battlefield within moments of dying to tanks, plains, and jeeps. People who prefer battlefield tend to rage quit the second they get no-scoped or hip fired from an SMG across the map. Different games for different people, with twitch FPS being the clear leader in sales due to ease of use. To master Call of Duty takes skill I'm not arguing that, but to do well enough to have fun with a 1.0 +/- K/D just takes a few rounds.

With map size, vehicles, weapon unlocks that actually provide an advantage, bullet drop, destroyable cover etc. Batllefield has a higher skill level required for entry to enjoy it. You can't hip fire an SMG in Battlefield and kill people, it just won't happen. My hardcore Call of Duty friends rarely make it more than a handful of rounds. Best bet to keep them entertained is toss them in a belly gun and let them rack up 20+ kills.

I personally have always preferred Battlefield. BF2, BC2, and 2142 being my personal favorites of the series. I do play both games a fair amount however due to friends being split down the middle. That being said, I'm skipping both this year until at least the game of the year editions hit bundled with the DLC. I need a break from the annual $120 game/DLC rotation. With Ryse, DR3, Forza, Titanfall, Destiny, The Division I'll have plenty to play... Heck I may skip them all together this year :-)

No.   COD marketing has been superior to BF.

I was saying Battlefield wont outsell COD.They are close in pre-orders but the pre-order ppl are gaming freaks.Ordinary people that buy in store after launch will get COD.

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

They're the same now...

[/quote]

Battlefield needs to divert from its current path and focus more on big maps. Especially with the next gen console. There should be no more excuses for small maps.

"It'll never happen.The difficulty in Battlefield is much higher and harder to get kills due to the skill needed to fly a plane".

Which question were you answering with this?

It'll never happen.The difficulty in Battlefield is much higher and harder to get kills due to the skill needed to fly a plane.I gave up on Battlefield 1942 because I could never fly for more than 10 seconds without crashing into the sea.

Why does it have to take down COD?

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

They're the same now...

No. EA has been trying for several years with BF3 and is probably losing more money in doing so.