Can anyone help with a problem on my sons X box

Guys,

My sons X box is 9 months old 4gb Slim model, about 4 weeks ago it started not to read his discs, namely Fifa 2011 and Halo Reach, came up with disc unreadable, please clean with a soft cloth, tried this many times but could not understand why as they games are new and have no scratches on the surface of the disc. I got so pissed off with this happening that I sent his console away for a service request. He received his other console today ( 19th September 2011 ).

He tried to play Fifa 2011 and it refused to play. This only happens about 5 minutes into a match game. I am so pissed off at this same problem happening with another console. He did update the game whem setting up his console and plays connected to X box live

Does anyone have any suggestions / ideas what might be the problem. I dont want to send it back again for another service request.

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

My console wont read my disc or says open tray.

You say the game loads but then crashes, does it freeze at all?. If so check this sticky thread on freeze issues.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes the game loads, it does not crash or freeze, it says disc is unreadable, please clean with a soft cloth after about 5 / 10 minutes of playing thr game.His console plays OK with Call of Duty.

Sorry this didn't help.

Your game disk is scratched, or possibly even broken. You need to buy a new one or try a nice method that i found out.

First, get some peanut butter. Yes, peanut butter. Smooth, not chunky.

Spread the peanut butter across the disk WITH YOUR FINGER completely covering it.

Then, wet a paper towel and wipe off the peanut butter WELL, and then wait to try or clean with soft cloth.

I am not trying to trick you whatsoever. I brought back Halo 1 to life!

Sorry this didn't help.