can any areas be skipped in NG+

Like the Gaping Dragon and the depths or the Hydra demon?

Also, Does anyone have a BlacknSlab to trade or let me hold a maxed crystal weapon for a second so I can get the achievement then I'll give it back?

Thanks.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The Gaping Dragon and the depths cannot be skipped because you have to kill it to unlock blight-town I believe. The other optional mini bosses can be skipped (both Hydra's, all of the Great Hollow/Ash Lake, the dragon on the bridge etc)

And what was that you needed? A titanite slab?

Yeah, a titanite slab. I want to max out my crystal weapon which I never use, but I want to get the achievement. Sad, I know.

Also, thanks.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

It's not sad, I've not used nearly every single weapon I've upgraded for the reinforcement achievements. Apart from my lightning spear and divine halberd. It's what's needed to be done for achievements!

And why would you need to trade with someone for a titanite slab? Have you used the one from the stray demon already in your current playthrough? You can also get one when you finish Siegmeyer's questline properly or it's a rare drop from the darkwraiths in new londo. I just put on the item discovery ring and went farming for a bit on them and eventually got one. Shouldn't take too long! Unless you're really unlucky of course...

I got one one my 1st playthrough and my second. Now I need a third one for my crystal weapon. I went farming for 2 hours straight with the ring and about 20 humanity in my meter and didn't get one from the darkwraiths.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

I farmed in New Londo for 10 minutes with just the ring and I got a slab. Woo hoo.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

The boss Taurus Demon can be skipped, along with the moonlight butterfly, the two hydras, the ceaseless discharge, the stray demon, the gaping dragon and I think the fire mage. This is granted you have the master key, which will be taken away in NG+, but may be bought from the adventurous merchant who sells boss armor.

That's good to know. I beat Moonlight Butterfly and the Gaping Dragon and the Stray demon all very easily on my first try. Now, I'm stuck on the Four Kings. That was the toughest fight the first playthrough. I have no idea how to win now. I'm not even getting close to beating it.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

The boss Taurus Demon can be skipped, along with the moonlight butterfly, the two hydras, the ceaseless discharge, the stray demon, the gaping dragon and I think the fire mage. This is granted you have the master key, which will be taken away in NG+, but may be bought from the adventurous merchant who sells boss armor.

[/quote]

Why would you lose the master key? It's always stayed for me on NG+ (chosen as a gift, not purchased)  And I thought you had to fight the ML Butterfly to get the basement key and the CD to empty the lava.

And I can't believe you got a Titanite Slab, Brandiesel1. I'm definitely gonna give that a few more runs tonight. It's good to hear someone from here actually confirm it.

Yeah, I couldn't believe I got one. My first playthrough I farmed for an hour or 2. Second playthrough I got one after a few tries. I had the ring and about 5 or 6 souls in my meter. I was very surprised. I would kill about 6 of them then use Homeward back to Firelink and try again.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Defeating the Moonlight Butterfly also grants you an ember, I can't remember which one.. I wouldn't recommend skipping any though as you gain many souls/boss souls... etc... and they aren't' particularly that difficult to beat!