Can an Xbox banned from changing saved games offline, then going online?

I bought a used Xbox and I am not sure if it has ever been online. I used to play on my brother's Xbox under his profile and switched my old games over to the new Xbox and made my own profile by uploading it to my computer and doing some things. I am just using it to play single player games that don't have multiplayer/online capabilities right now, but could my Xbox be banned if I ever went online? Thanks! :)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

If you have transferred your brothers save files (not games) to your profile then yes you can be banned.

So if I made another profile and went online with it then they could tell I had previously changed the game offline?

[quote user="UnboltedCleric0"]

So if I made another profile and went online with it then they could tell I had previously changed the game offline?

[/quote]If i understand you correctly then yes.

Ok, thank you! For the record, it was totally worth it.

[quote user="UnboltedCleric0"]

Ok, thank you! For the record, it was totally worth it.

[/quote]Was it worth losing your pride/dignity for, because no-one like cheats and you will never be able to take that console online...

I'm just interested in playing single person RPS's like Fallout 3 and Red Dead Redemption. I have never played online with those games and only moved over my saved games because I didn't want to start over. I don't consider it cheating, I just wanted to play my old saved games on my new Xbox.

I'm just interested in playing single person RPS's like Fallout 3 and Red Dead Redemption. I have never played online with those games and only moved over my saved games because I didn't want to start over. I don't consider it cheating, I just wanted to play my old saved games on my new Xbox.