Can an MMO work on the 360?

So Undead Labs had some success with State of Decay and are working on a successor which is slated to be an MMO.My question is-is it possible? Theyre talking 400 times the size of State of Decay with thousands of people playing at one time? Will the 360 be taking advantage of the cloud services when they go online? I dont see any other way it could work unless they switch to Xbox One as the platform of choice. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Ascend: Hand of Kul is handling it pretty well I think. Defiance did it pretty good.

I havent played these but I dont think they are MMOs.

Defiance is definitely an MMO and it works great, despite a troubled launch as many other online games usually have to face.

State of Decay was an MMO? Wat.

neither of the above titles mentioned are mmo,s they are wmo,s,the 360 certainly can not handle any form of mmo,its just not powerful enough,defiance is a total mess,it works when there is hardly anyone playing it absoulutly fine,like dare i say WOW the BGs are 40v40,raids 25 man,all running at 70 to 90 fps,and an open world of thousands all at 70 to 90 fps,thats an mmo.along with starcraft,diablo,ect ect,i love the 360 version of diablo 3,but in comparison to the pc version its a co-op game.

"Defiance" is a great MMO that has none of the problems described above here in the UK.

Like a lot of 'other platform stuff' though MMO's aren't all they're cracked up to be.

The upcoming MMO "The Elder Scrolls Online" has more in common with "COD" and "Fable III" than it does the traditional single player "Elder Scrolls" games.

Az

[quote user="CYB3R FUNK"]

neither of the above titles mentioned are mmo,s they are wmo,s,the 360 certainly can not handle any form of mmo,its just not powerful enough,defiance is a total mess,it works when there is hardly anyone playing it absoulutly fine,like dare i say WOW the BGs are 40v40,raids 25 man,all running at 70 to 90 fps,and an open world of thousands all at 70 to 90 fps,thats an mmo.along with starcraft,diablo,ect ect,i love the 360 version of diablo 3,but in comparison to the pc version its a co-op game.

[/quote]

FPS doesnt make a game an MMO. 

I don't see why they would release this on 360 anyway.

It's simply amazing how people say stuff without doing two seconds of research. Final Fantasy 11 is an MMO and it's been on the 360 for years. It's also subscription based and cross platform. So yes it can and does work on 360.

Defiance is an MMO, so obviously it does work. This is another pointless thread.