can a game cause the "red ring"

I have had my console just over a year and I had never encountered any issues with my console until I downloaded Monday night combat. 
I used to play it for a few hours a day but not to franticly  to cause any issues for my console. when the 1st (and only) patch came out to fix some of the faults with the game my console started freezing mid game and during host migration, when this happens I can not do anything like exit to dash or pull up any menus and I have to turn the console off from the console itself. then about 3 weeks ago I was in a very heavy lag game and before I could open the menu and exit the game it had a host migration and froze. i tried turning the console off but it wouldn't  so I had to switch it off from the mains (I had no other choice) I waited 10min to turn it back on but I had a red light on the right of the on button on my console.  I took all the cables out then put them back in and it was still off. it took over 24hrs for it to come back on. people on the uberent site have had the freezing issue but no one has said they have had their console red ring. i have no problems with any other game or service on xbox live. I have tried talking to the makers but they are overly rude and aggressive when they reply and blame it on my console and I know for a fact its not. I'm really keen to get a reply asap so I know where I stand. thanks very much in advance for any replies I may get. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I have never heard of a game causing the rrod, but that does not mean it has not happened.

I found this OP, its a guide about consoles having one, two or three red lights, might be worth having a quick look through.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

thanks for posting that. had a read through it but it doesn't contain the info I'm looking for. I don't know what to do as I want to continue playing the game but if my hardware is going to suffer then I can't.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey mate, your other post has been deleted (we don't permit double posts on the same issue). It's unlikely that a game is causing your console this issue. What's likely happening is that your console is having an issue, and this game is exacerbating it. If the steps in that red light troubleshooter don't do the trick (and if this guide doesn't help with the freeze issues), then your console will need a repair. You can set one up (and check your warranty status) here.

Sorry this didn't help.