Camper or Rusher

What do you guys hate more; a teamate who constantly camps and only gets a handful of kills in core team deathmatch, or a rusher on capture the flag or domination that gets 40+ kills but never captures anything? Personally I can't stand losing a domination match when someone on my team goes 48-3 with no captures and only one defend, and that has happened a couple of times.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

i hate them equally both

[quote user="darksion"]

What do you guys hate more; a teamate who constantly camps and only gets a handful of kills in core team deathmatch, or a rusher on capture the flag or domination that gets 40+ kills but never captures anything? Personally I can't stand losing a domination match when someone on my team goes 48-3 with no captures and only one defend, and that has happened a couple of times.

[/quote]

Let's see. What do I hate more? A player that goes 7-1 on TDM or a player that goes 48-3 with no caps and just one defend on Domination? Umm, are you stupid? I want both of the those guys on my team. The guy that went 48-3 on Domination made the other team's lives living hell during that game. If you weren't capping flags while he was slaughtering them then you're the one doing something wrong.

Kind of wondering how capping flags works when everybody on the other team is respawning at them?

I go in tdm with most kills most of the time. And i try to go for kills in dom defending flags and i let the lesser good player capflags when i try to give them back-up.

I prefer team mates that don't rush out and get themselves slaughtered.  I have seen numerous games tonight like that.  They rush out and get killed by someone camping.  So, when they respawn what do they do?  They rush right back to where they got killed to get killed again.

This topic again?

The only players I hate more than anything are the ones who play objective gametypes like they're team death matches and are strictly there for kills and kills only. Those types of players may lead everyone in kills, but usually end up losing because all they care about are their meaningless stats.

^^That.

Your question is a bit vague. While you are pointing out the bad side of each player, you are leaving out the important part.

What good are they doing?

If a guy in tdm has few kills, but fewer deaths, he's a benefit to the team .

If a guy isn't capping or defending, yet he is keeping the enemy occupied so someone else can do the capping, then he is a benefit also.

sure, either of those guys COULD be doing the team harm ........... but making generic complaints about a particular playstyle is nonsense. You could think of the best tactic according to your standards, and someone could surely mess it up, and you could think of the worst tactic, and someone could be highly beneficial using it.

Its not the tactic that you use, but how you use the tactic.

[quote user="darksion"]

Kind of wondering how capping flags works when everybody on the other team is respawning at them?

[/quote]

My post was directed at the Domination half. Not Capture the Flag. Still though, I'd much rather have them spawn over and over at the same place, flag or not, than randomly over the map. As for Domination, I can say I've played six or more games straight in Domination where we took two positions and never lost either one of them. All the while not bothering to take the third position (why would you? Then the enemy can spawn anywhere). Doing so had several players on the team w/ scores like 48-6 or 75-12 while only taking one or no positions. I'm guessing you can't say the same thing huh? There are different roles amongst some teams. Yesterday I went 25-20 with 4 bomb plants in Demolition. I was the sacrificial lamb. Did it bother me that there were players defending me that went 38-10 and no plants? Nope. I knew my teammates were building up kill streaks to support me. I think what this comes down to is you need teammates that communicate. Not randoms.