Campaign Screenshot

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="Rage Warrior"]

Like how all your recent played games are Halo games in chronological order.

[/quote]

Like how all your recent played games are Halo games in chronological order.

It's going well and all but the thread didn't warrant a rez.

Had to bump this topic one last time. Nice to see Halo 4 looking so good. I hope it sells well so Microsoft can hand 343i another blank check.

I hope there is gameplay shown at E3..which is probably a safe bet lol

Amazon.com has a screen shot with very similar to this but I think it's in-game because the MC is wielding a BR.

www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_3

Judge for yourself how the graphics differ from the screen this topic was started on.

[quote user="Slain Valhallan"]

it isn't.  frankie confirmed this specific screen was taken directly from in-game gameplay segment as chief is getting out of his cryo tube and walking over by cortana, ready to explore.  

[/quote]

That means the screen shot was taken from a cinema, which always looks better than actual gameplay.  Even if it is using the in game engine, its still a cinema, which again, always looks better than actual gameplay.

Well that's even better news.

Actually, more than 2 years. The Reach engine was developed long before Reach's release (obviously) and 343 has been working on Halo 4 since Bungie decided not to renew their contract in 2007. Obviously, there's a lot more manpower now than there was back then, but who knows. They could have been working on modifying the engine from the second they first got to start working on the old one.

The question is, are we doing the walking or is the game? Recent Halo games have a way of turning off a few of the pritty graphic effects as soon as we take control. If we are actually controlling it then I'm impressed with how far they have taken the Reach engine in two years.