Campaign Matchmaking ?

Is there campaign matchmaking ?  Not spartan ops but the real campaign ? If there is how do I find it ?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Nope

That really should have been included 343 made a great game you would think they would have known people want it . But I think reach took a couple updates until i t got campaign matchmaking . Maybe theres a chance they will add it . I liked earning xp and doing challenges in campaign matchmaking .

This was excluded from Reach on launch, too.  Perhaps it will be made available.  www.co-optimus.com/.../halo-reach-co-op-campaign-matchmaking-missing-coming-soon.html

It wasnt added to Reach until about a month after launch and I loved the feature. So fun to help randoms get through the campaign.  They kept it out of Reach for about a month to avoid spoilers.   Some members on this xbox.com site didnt like that feature and complained about it.  So hopefully the campaign matchmaking feature comes back for Halo 4, but if not, then you can thank those that complained about it.  

Unfortunately no, 343i did not implement a Campaign Matchmaking. Spartan Ops is pretty much just replacing Firefight.

Maybe later they will like with Reach?  Any word from 343 about this?  I would love to be able to help randoms with the campaign again.

I'd like to see them do campaign matchmaking in a manner in which you can select the mission similar to how you can in Spartan Ops (sort of a "Find Game" feature).  If they did a standard heroic difficulty or let people vote difficulty I'd be fine with either.  4 player randoms in a campaign would have potential.  As it is, it was extremely hard just to get one friend to do a mission together; the friends I have that play this are just primarily interested in War Games.

I for one, am THOUROUGHLY DISSAPPOINTED of the fact that campaign matchmaking isn't available for release! Spartan Ops is nice but it doesn't fulfill my desires. I am a sucker for online co-op games. I enjoy playing with others to acheive a common goal. Not all of my friends are available all of the time to play Halo 4 or playing COD. So, I am stuck with fighting those hard-to-kill Promethean Knights on my own! 343 studios dropped the ball bigtime! If they do not correct this, I WILL NEVER PURCHASE A PRODUCT FROM THEM EVER AGAIN!!!! I hear GameStop gives you extra in-store credit when you trade Halo 4 in....

[quote user="CAMAROBOY69"]

It wasnt added to Reach until about a month after launch and I loved the feature. So fun to help randoms get through the campaign.  They kept it out of Reach for about a month to avoid spoilers.   Some members on this xbox.com site didnt like that feature and complained about it.  So hopefully the campaign matchmaking feature comes back for Halo 4, but if not, then you can thank those that complained about it.  

[/quote]

I can understand why they wouldn't want to have campaign mm available at launch to avoid spoilers... but I can't really see that as an unsolvable problem. They could probably have set it up so that when someone [player 1] enters campaign mm, it would only match them up with games that would be at a point in the story that's at or before [player 1]'s current progress. Sure doesn't sound like it would be that hard to do.

Add me to the list of those who want to see campaign mm. I had fun with it in Reach for the same reasons you mentioned.

I still need a team to tackle the last four levels on legendary, after that I wont use it much.