cambridge audio minx tv set up

hi, not sure if this is the right place but here goes. I recently purchased the cambridge audio minx tv sound plint to improve my audio and i wanted it to try and set it up so the volume and on/off functionality is controlled through the xbox. As the minx tv was only released a couple of months ago it is not on the list of cambridge audios device's on the xbox's auto setup. i contacted cambridge audio to see if they would be able to provide me with a ir remote code so it would work with the xbox but they said  "I am afraid that this code is a function of Microsoft and needs to be generated by them." so i was wondering if anybody had managed to set up their minx tv so that the xbox is able to remotely control the volume and the on/off functionality with the xbox one? thanks for any help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 54 Applies to:

I have not seen the Minx, although the ad is very cool: www.cambridgeaudio.com/.../minx-tv <- that is what you have, yes? If so, does it have a model number?

Try IR code: 1730. Look for some functionality

- a. Power on/off

- b. Volume up/down

- c. mute on/off

Cheers

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

hi hermes, thanks for your reply, yeah that is the minx tv that i have. I tried the remote code you provided with no luck, as for the model number there doesn't seem to be one, i have checked everywhere (the net, box, manual etc).  

Sorry this didn't help.

No model number is very odd, there must be just 1 model of it (like Cher, Sting, or Bono). lolz. That got off the tracks a bit... It may be possible that it is using RF and not IR. Can you check the remote settings within the minx to see if you can change that code? It should say something like Remote code (RC I have seen), or even possibly something in the manual?

Thanks for the info Akuji

-Cheers

Sorry this didn't help.

hi hermes, the remote from what i have read is a ir remote control, as for any details model number etc i have inserted a photo of the rear panel of the minx if that helps. may thanks 

[View:[URL=http://s1335.photobucket.com/user/akujiuk/media/ScreenShot2014-04-10at195359_zpsc63a4199.png.html][IMG]http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w678/akujiuk/ScreenShot2014-04-10at195359_zpsc63a4199.png[/IMG][/URL]:550:0] 

Sorry this didn't help.

I think the shot-gun method will be the ticket here. Sorry I wish I knew off-hand the ticket for you, look for any function to work (ideally all, but I want to see which puts us on the correct course).

*Be sure that these conditions are met first: support.xbox.com/.../troubleshoot-oneguide (basically that the Kinect can "see" the STB)

The AVR should (only... for now):

Turn off/On

Volume up/down and mute

Try IR codes:

These are what I see right now for the Cambridge Audio platform. Please do let me know.

-Cheers

Sorry this didn't help.

hi hermes, i checked all the conditions are met and the minx tv is connected as suggested by the support page( with the optical connected directly to the xbox) but unfortunatly none of the remote codes that you suggested did not work. thanks for all your help though.

Sorry this didn't help.

No IR of ANY sort worked? No Function of ANY code? really? (not that I don't believe you, it is more shock than anything else)

Sorry this didn't help.