Call of duty

Just want to ask when are game shop going to stop selling games that are 18 to under 18 year olds.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Same time that gas stations will stop selling cigarets to people under 18 and liqueur stores stop selling to people under 21.

lol fyer

It depends if it is a big business owned chain store or your local mom & pops store. If it is the second then who knows. With the first(Gamestop and big box stores) then all of them should be checking customers ages. I know I get "carded" everytime I buy a game at Gamestop. Most of the annoying kids playing, their uninvolved parents have bought the game for them. They do this just to get the kids out of their hair and to stop hearing them whine. Now, because of these parents we get to hear them whine instead.

I agree with Snake. I feel like such a babysitter when I play Black Ops online. I swear, if I can hear about how I'm "the worst daddy ever" because I don't let my daughter have stuff she doesn't need, other parents can do it too. Just laziness...

Oooh, my first post! Hi people! Absolutely, Arte Venture. My daughter whines about what she can't play because of the rating  - tough! Some games I allow if the gore and bad language can be turned off - but mostly my answer is "no", followed by "daaad, it's not fair" What amazes me is, having followed this forum for a few months to get the feel of it, I see posts from parents along the lines of 'my 8/9 year old plays too much Black Ops'  I can't get my head round that at all. My daughter is 14 and she has played just a couple of 18s where its possible to filter the content - they are rated for reason. Oh dear I've gone all preachy.

Oh and apologies for the empy boxy thing on the left - not really sure what it is or how its filled in - yup, a newbie!!!

[quote user="Yrademord"]

Oh and apologies for the empy boxy thing on the left - not really sure what it is or how its filled in - yup, a newbie!!!

[/quote]

No problem with that, we all started out looking like that. You can change your gamerpicture(the box with the Xbox 360 green color) in the section My Account. Which is located in the My Xbox section above. Or you can also change it on the console from the box next to where the game picture shows up. And by the way welcome. Also, you can fill up the bottom five smaller boxes by playing games. It will show the last five played.

Welcome to the fourms Yrademord.  Snake said it best with his first post.  I think most stores do a good job, its more of a parent issue.

Truth is this is a parent issue not a store issue. I do not get when parents desided it was every one elses responcability to take care of their kids.

I actually see nothing wrong with quite a few M rated games. Now I am not saying to go out and buy your 12 year old, Grand Theft Auto but many of these parents trying to stick their kids in plastic bubbles are the same exact people you used to see crowded around the Mortal Kombat machines as kids and teenagers, ripping peoples heads off while listening to explicit rap music like Too Short, Ice T, NWA and 2Pac or metal songs signing about killing babies and mutilating bodies on their head phones. Many parents these days are nothing but hypocrits.