Call of Duty: World at War

My son played Zombies this afternoon, 6/24/11, and a player with GT [mod removed] was in the room and asked my son if he would be upset if he took his xp points and wouldn't be able to play online again, of course my son replied well yes I would be upset.  He finished the game and when he tried to get into another game he wasn't able to.  He looked at his xp points and now has -2,147,480,019 points.  That's right NEGATIVE TWO BILLION.  Of course you know what that means, he will NEVERbe able to play this game, Zombies, or just WaW multiplayer public lobbies EVERagain.  We have notified Activision via their website and await their response.  Of course we aren't sure what will happen with that.  We do hope that Xbox will do something to this particular individual so that they won't be able to do this again.  We think that this guy did it to someone else in the same room at that time but aren't completely sure.  Yes we did call Xbox and discussed the situation and all they said was to come to the forum and post there and to call Activision and talk with them about attempting to restore the xp points to play again.  We have no idea what this will do with the map packs that were purchased or if anything will be done at all.  When we called Activision, it was only a recording stating that we would have to use the web site to report any problems,  We aren't sure if anything will be done or when it will be addressed. 

I just can't understand why someone would be so malicious in their actions.  Taking xp points is one thing but to create a situation that wouldn't allow that person to play at all is a whole other crap situation.  This guy should be banned from Xbox completely and forever and he should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law if there are any laws for this situation.  I just can't believe that this is even possible to do.  The whole cheat and mod thing is ridiculous.  If Xbox doesn't do anything about this it will not sit well with my family or all my families friends.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Unfortunately phone support gave you some bad advice since they don't handle suspensions/bannings. Calling out other gamers is not allowed on the forums no matter what they've done. As long as you file a complaint via the console on the user the enforcement team will investigate and take the appropriate action against the user.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I didn't realize that you aren't allowed to call out gamer tags.  Is there a way to edit my post?

Sorry this didn't help.

There's an edit option, but it only lasts a short time after you first post. A moderator will probably edit it out for you.

Sorry this didn't help.

1) It is against forum rules to name and shame other players.

2) FILE A COMPLAINT via the tools on your console against the individual. From there the XBL PET will review it and take the necessary action. Enforcement action on XBL is NOT instant. Just like with real life crimes it takes time to investigate and gather evidence.

3) The ONLY companies responsible for the situation your son is in is Treyarch/Activision. They made the game, it is their job to fix/patch it to disallow the use of mods/cheats. Microsoft can take action against the modders/cheaters all day/night long but if the GAME DEVELOPER does not fix the problem the issue will never go away. You need to keep pushing Treyarch/Activision about this. 

Sorry this didn't help.

After spending hoursreading the forums I now understand the situation and will continue to push Activision.  As stated in an earlier post of mine, I didn't realize it is not acceptable to call out GT's.  The night this happened my husband called 4-MY-XBOX and talked with a women and SHE was the one who told us to come to the forums and file the complaint, we still have the reference number of that phone call.  She actually didn't say anything about filing the complaint via the console.  We have never had to do anything like this before and that's why we called.  I guess she must be very inexperienced because she even had trouble finding our account.  NO LIE, she is the one who told us to come to the forums and list the GT that is involved!  I know what XBL stands for but what about PET?  In my hours of reading, one post did say to uninstall the game and clear the cache twice.  Would this really work?  We certainly learned from this experience and have educated our son on what moding is and how to identify it and to shut down the console immediately if found to be in a room with modders.  We really don't care about getting the xp points back, my son doesn't even know what they are used for and neither do I, he just enjoys the game.  But, we would like him to be able to play online multiplayer once again.  I just want to have faith that XBOX willinvestigate this particular individual asap in an effort to stop them from doing this to other people who may be unaware that this is even possible. Thanks "smwuches" for your kind approach to letting me know that calling out GT's in not permitted.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, I like to be long winded about things sometimes especially when it is about things that should never be allowed to happen, I guess I have Activision to thank for that!

Sorry this didn't help.

PET stands for Policy Enforcement Team. They're the ones who handle suspensions and bannings. Since phone support doesn't handle that side of things, they often tell people to post the issue on the forums instead of filing a complaint. So you're definitely not the first person to hear that from support.

As far as uninstalling the game and clearing the cache, you can try it, it won't hurt anything, but I don't think it will actually work. From what I understand the ranks in games like that are saved on the game's servers and not on the console itself. So your son would have to create a new account in order to play.

Sorry this didn't help.

From now on, try to stay away from Phone Support. They are usually mis-guided, and a lot of the times, they don't speak english. Anyway, if you are desperate to get your son back on xbox, you should create a new account for him so he can play on that. Though you would have to pay for another membership, so it might not be worth it. I am with you btw, these people should be arrested. I wish we were like P$N some times, with a policy of no modding (etc.) and that violations will be carried out in a court of law. That would solve every single one of our problems.

Sorry this didn't help.

Is there any way Microsoft/xbox can change the policy so that cheaters can get what they deserve?? Because that would be absolutely AMAZING

Sorry this didn't help.

The policy is "thou shalt not cheat/mod/hack or risk mine rightous banhammer on thy account" already.

Sorry this didn't help.