Call of dUTY World at War locked out of Live

My son was playing WaW online this evening  with a group of other players, someone kicked him from the game and when he went back to play, he had been set back to level 1 and can't do anything with the Xbox Live part of the game. Solo mode works OK.

Shy of deleting his Xbox Live account and losing everything he has done, is there any way of 'unlocking' the live part of the game?

I have read a number of people feel they had been hacked while in the game.

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Being pedantic what happened there is known as de-ranking. This fine sticky - forums.xbox.com/.../8203.aspx - explains it better than I could.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If your son wishes to play World at War online on his current account he will have to do one of two things:

-create a new account and start over on everything as nothing is transferable from one account to another.

or

-play with friends only and have them invite him into matches.

Activision has already stated they are not going to allow Treyarch to fix World at War to prevent the use of mods/cheats. And they are not willing to do anything for anyone affected by those mods/cheats, such as getting de-ranked.

There are indicators of a modded lobby, such as flying, running faster than normal, colored text on the screen (other than the normal), etc...It should be known that anyone caught actively participating in such a lobby will get their account permanently banned from XBL. When that happens, everything is forfeit: gamer score, game saves, ms points, Live time and download content as per the XBL Terms of Service.

So be sure your son knows that should he encounter such a match in the future he needs to leave it immediately otherwise he accepts responsibility for what happens should he decide to stay and participate in it.

Sorry this didn't help.

same it happened to me on my WAW acount, im well pissed off what noobs cant play the game properly and have to cheat to play a game what sad losers that cant play a game normally and have to cheat to win

Sorry this didn't help.