Call of Duty: World at War - achievement unlocked without requirements met! Please, someone help me!

Hi. I'm very sorry for bothering you with this issue, as there probably is a FAQ section somewhere that answers this, but I haven't been able to find it. This is my situation:

I've been going through all the Call of Duty games, getting all achievements (just recently completed MW3), except from that last one on Call of Duty: World at War that requires you to reach 10th prestige online. As I've completed all achievements for the other games I finally decided to go for this achievement just to have the CoD series 100%. So I put in the disc, and checked my stats: 1st prestige, lvl 35, so I figured it would be a long run, but I was willing to do it (after all I had gone through the pain of getting the general achievement for CoD3). I then decided to check the exact description of said achievement, but when I did it appeared that it had already unlocked!!!!!! This I discovered today.

I had no clue what the heck had happened, I obviously hadn't reached the requirements for the achievement, so I went and googled it, and sure enough I think I found the answer.

Sometime last year I remember getting a game invite from a friend (he told me through MSN that he had sent me a game invite, because he knows I have my notifications turned off most of the time) who said he was in this awesome zombie lobby. He didn't explain to me what it was, but since he is a good friend of mine I decided to join it. As soon as I joined the game text flew all over the screen in all sorts of colours and I couldn't see any zombies, so I decided, after explaining to my friend that I didn't find this any amuzing, to leave the game. At no point did I communicate with the 3rd player, whom I now understand must have been the modder. The reason why I have not discovered this until now is that, as I've explained, I usually play with my notifications off (I don't like random messages/logins to interupt my gaming), so I couldn't see the achievement pop. And since the achievement rewards you with no gamerscore at all (0), I couldn't possibly notice it from looking at my gamerscore for the game. 

I'm now scared to death that my gamerscore might get zeroed out, or that my xbox gets banned, so I am literally begging anyone to please do something with this. I've been working so long with this account, and I really don't know what I would do if something like that (getting banned etc.) would happen to me. Again, please help me, I have no idea what to do, except from what I am doing now; trying to contact a moderator on the forums. 

Sincerely

Simon

I appologize for my bad English. I'm from Norway.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

I just realized this might be the wrong forum to post a thread like this on. I'm sorry. I hope it's not going to be a problem for you guys!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I also just checked the date for when the achievement unlocked ("Go Get Some Sun), and it turnes out it was unlocked on the 2nd of January 2012. This seems right, as I remember joining this questionable lobby sometime around x-mas.

Sorry this didn't help.

HI, I'm not sure what anyone here can do for you.

-

I'd say you are ok because it's not like you used a gamesave to boost your gamerscore. Some people go into modded lobbies accidentally and their rank gets reset, but they don't get banned.

-

You did the right thing by getting out of that game. If it happens again, dashboard out and report the players via the console.

-

Good luck Simon.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Sorry this didn't help.