Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 & ELITE Sticky -- START HERE!

Was this guide helpful? Or did another form of help take the cake? Help us help you by rating your forum experience! We want to do the best we can to answer your questions! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. :)

Hey guys, as you may have noticed, we've removed our MW3 support forum. We're still here for all of your MW3 support questions, though, and in that light, we've compiled our MW3 stickies into this document. :-) 

What is Call of Duty ELITE? 
Call of Duty ELITE is a subscription service that will allow gamers to make the most out of their Call of Duty experience. A few of the perks include monthly DLC, statistical feedback on your gameplay trends, and ongoing competitions (with prizes)! For more information, check out the official FAQ, or the ‘What’s Included’ page for the nitty-gritty on all that comes with a subscription.

Do I have to be 18 to have an ELITE subscription?
You must be at least 18 years of age or older to sign up for a Call of Duty ELITE subscription. If you are not 18 years of age, you can ask a parent or guardian to help set up an account. 

How do I set up my Call of Duty ELITE subscription?
You can sign up for an ELITE subscription on your Xbox 360 Console through the Games Marketplace, or through the in-game menu. While you can set up your basic account through the console, you will need to visit Callofduty.com/elite to verify your birthdate before using it. You can also use the website to establish an ELITE account, and then associate your Gamertag with the account at the end of that process. For even more information, check out the official Xbox Support page on the subject. 

I have questions about ELITE. Where can I find out more about the service? 
While you can always ask questions about ELITE on the forums, you can also take a look at the official ELITE status page for more information. 

I'm a secondary member on a Family Pack, and I'm having issues signing up for ELITE. 
We're aware that non-primary accounts and child accounts in Family Packs are experiencing issues trying to sign up or redeem codes for their Call of Duty ELITE subscriptions. In order to sign up for an ELITE subscription at this time, users will need to visit xbox.com/redeemcode to redeem a prepaid code for Call of Duty ELITE. This should resolve any issues you may be encountering.

I can't link my Gamertag through the website.
If you're having difficulties linking your Gamertag to your ELITE account on the ELITE website, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, or try a different browser all together. If you receive an error message stating your Gamertag is already in use, please check this page. If you're still unable to link your Gamertag, please visit Activision.com/support.  

I want to cancel my ELITE subscription!
If you want to cancel your Call of Duty ELITE subscription, please call Xbox phone support by visiting thecontact us page.

I’ve successfully signed up for the service, but I have questions about using it.
For questions about using the service, please visit Activision.com/support.

Can I use special characters in my clan tag?
According to Activision, "Using any kind of hack or exploit to put characters or graphics into your clan tag can result in a suspension or full ban." For the full statement, please check out the official Activision Support page on the topic. 

I have a question about MW3 gameplay!
As this forum has been established solely for technical issues, please direct any in-game questions to activision.com/support.

Where can I discuss my 1337 strats and load-outs?
For general game discussion, please check out our Modern Warfare 3 discussion forum, or the game's official forums here

But I still have questions!
If this guide doesn’t answer your Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 inquiry, please make a post in this forum, and we’ll be happy to help. :-) 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Verified!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.