Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 lag, black screen

I have been having quite a few issues with the multi-player.  For the past week and a half, the game has been lagging and now just today, i have been getting a black screen when im supposed to be in a game lobby, like when a game ends, and then when theres a full room, it stays on balancing teams for like a minute, when there are balanced teams, then for some reason its kicking the host, (when they did not want to leave), then the room resets, picks a new host then the game starts. Weird right? Its happening to many people, all the people on my friends list are  haveing the same issue as well. I had a full party today and whenever we had to back out to our party room, the host leaves first as usual, except whats happening now is they , or me if im the host,  backs out, the screen turns black then puts me back in our lobby, in which while thats going on it says im the only one in the party and that i have 11 people but  i can hear all my friends as if they were in the party already and on their screen it says waiting for the party leader and that they are not connected to the room yet cause their waiting for the leader?! But im in the lobby! I dont know, its really frusterating i have high speed turbo through time warner cable, my connection is fine! instead of playing through my router, i plugged straight in to the modem, and reset it. And its happening to all the people i have played with to day on xbox, i called x box and they said it seemed to be the servers for activision, they gave me a phone number to call and all i get is a computer, and to get support u have go to their website and put your questions through them. I also did some research on this and it seems like alot of PC users were having this same problem over 6 months ago!  So if  anyone else been having this same issue, please post your comments! Mabye an activision person will eventually fix the problem with their servers. thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

The lag is likely just the internet being the internet, it happens to everyone at some point regardless of how good your connection is. Sorting the black screen issue is something for Infinity Ward to do as they made the game whereas Activision just sell it and take all the resultant flak.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

its just lag or people leaving the game , try restarting your internet and if you have strict or moderate nat , then no one can help also , balancing teams probabley means that 4 people joined as a party then 2 groups of 3 joined so that means 4 on a team and 6 on the other , not fair so it waits

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.