Call of Duty map packs.

After moving back to Israel from England, I kept buying my games from England due to the price being a lot lower. 

I bought Call of Duty Black Ops and after a few months of playing, on February first, the first map pack came out. I won't go into details about this because this is an old story. Long story short, I can't download the map packs. Why? Because I don't live in the place where my account is linked to as well as not living in the place that I bought my game from. I just want to know why? Why can't I buy it? I was able to buy the map packs for MW2 while living in Israel. It was all the same other than the name of the game, even then, it was only a little part of the name. 

I want answers! I want to know why I can't download anything anymore!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Someone please answer.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The map packs for Black Ops are region-locked, meaning you have to be in the same location as your account. Otherwise it will not work, sorry.

Sorry this didn't help.

It's also worth to note that you were able to download the maps for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (as it was another developer completely Infinity Ward) and they dealt differently with DLC. You won't always face this issue but it will happen sometimes and that's due to laws of the country, and deals with XBOX Live and their region setups. Nothing you can really do to get around it unfortunately.

Sorry this didn't help.