Call of Duty Ghosts Marketplace Download Crash

I downloaded Call Of Duty Ghosts on the marketplace with my card and after about 20% of my download, my xbox froze. So i had to restart my xbox console, and went back to my progress of 20%. After about 2 hours, the download finished, and i attempted to start playing the game. However instead of a load screen, I could only get to a black flickering screen, and nothing more. I cleared my cache, redownloaded the entire game, another 2 hours. Same problem. Called Xbox, guy told me my hard drive could be corrupted and to buy a flash drive. To top off the ***, a refund of the purchase isn't guaranteed. So I pay 59.99 +tax, to have a game not work, and my only solution is to but a 90 dollar flash drive... Can anyone help me? It'd be nice to have the past 5 hours not drag on to more. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Delete your cance 3 times delete your profile. Unplug everything to your Xbox. Restart Xbox recover account try again

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You don't have to buy a $90 flash drive.  Just go out and buy a cheap one.  I paid $12 for my extra 16 gb flash.  Just be sure to format it on the pc before configuring it for the console.

If the flash drive option works, you can try copying it to the hard drive of the console and see if that bypasses the problem you're having.

Sorry this didn't help.

G'day NYBRI! Sorry to hear about the rough download experience. Just to confirm, did you delete the game file and clear the console's cache before attempting to re-download? If there was any bad data saved on the hard drive before you tried the re-download, then there's a chance that it stayed there to play after the 2nd download attempt.

Let us know!

Sorry this didn't help.