Call Of Duty Ghosts issue

Hi all. I am trying to play COD Ghosts in multiplayer & it plays ok for a few minutes when it drops me back to the dashboard & says if I have the game disc I should put it in the drive or buy the digital download from the store.

Thing is, the disc is in the drive...... I've tried cold starting the xbox one, clicking start on the dashboard & checking the game is shut before starting again. But I just get the same result. I did uninstall & reinstall once & it was fine for a bit but no way am I doing that time & again just to play a bit of COD!

Any other ideas as I'm all out! :)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Darth,

It sounds like you are previewing the new update? Microsoft are aware of this issue and a fix should be out in the next build of the 1404 update.

In the meantime, you can try this temporary fix that was posted in the Preview Forums.

"When trying to play a game, or while in the middle of playing a game, the game is stopped and an error is shown asking "Do you own this game or app? If you have a game disc, insert it now. If there is no disc, make sure you are signed in to Xbox Live. If you do not have the rights to play this, you will need to buy it at the Xbox Store (0x87de07d1)"

1. This error is resolved by doing a full console power down (pressing and holding the power button on the console for 5 seconds. ActionHank77 commented that signing out of his profile, then changing games, then signing back in worked for him without needing a full system power down."

The following was also posted in one of the announcement threads.

"OVERALL STATUS UPDATE: We have fixes identified for all three Blu-ray software issues that are undergoing testing before releasing them in a system update to the preview community. Testing will be carried out over the next few days to ensure that no new issues are discovered with these fixes, as well as with additional fixes that are being bundled in the next system update."

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.