Call of Duty: Elite

First details on Activision charging a monthly subscription based fee for extra multiplayer features, content and benefits can be found here, (Click 1) and (Click 2)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Well, I'm interested in seeing how this goes. Personally, I don't plan on getting MW3, I'm just burnt out on CoD, and didn't like MW2 much. Though even if I do end up with the game, likely that I'll get it for Xmas or as a birthday present, pass, I refuse to pay 15 bucks for a map pack, and I refuse to pay a monthly fee.

And before anyone else points it out, I have Black Ops as my last played game because I still do like zombies, adversarial though, I don't have any desire to play any more of it.

lolwut @ this 

"Consumers are used to paying $60 each for videogames that run on consoles like the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Now the publisher behind the industry's biggest videogame franchise— "Call of Duty"—is about to find out whether it can get them to pay a monthly bill, too."

The last sentence makes me want to slap them and tell them people are tired of the economy and the loss of jobs, now you think that's a great idea? 

The sad part is that they will most likely make millions. i wont pay a monthly fee, nor will I buy MW3. COD is just getting out of hand.

Activision isn't charging a monthly fee for multiplayer. Does anyone actually read anything?

It's the equivalent of combining Bungie Pro, Halo Waypoint, and free maps. You don't have to pay for the service to play online.

Still a stupid service though since Bungie offers the same stuff for cheaper/free.

Ooh, this is kind of scary.  I wasn't expecting it so soon.  I was thinking it would be released with next year's CoD.  Kind of glad I'm into mostly solo games only now.

I like playing call of duty but I never buy the map packs so this is just not for me.

So wait. 60$ for the game,15$ map packs and a potential monthly fee just to get bonus content. lol. Plus paying for xbox live on top of that and there still will be people hacking the game?

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

I think the map packs would come with the service.

[quote user="Chris PharmD"]

I think the map packs would come with the service.

[/quote]

Apparently they do.

Also, for someone who apparently is focusing on campaign/solo play, you have 4 COD's in your recently played list.  =O

I see why they would attach the map packs to the service.  You get 2 map packs at $15 each that is $30 total.  But if you get gamers to pay $5 a month (on top of a $60 game) you get another $60 that year from them.  And the ones who do not pay do not get the content.  Would not surprise me at all it the maps were not available separate.  And stat tracking and extra weapons not available outside the service makes sense for them also.  And this is just the beginning.  If this works the next game will have less features with even more tied to the paid service.