Call of duty Blackops "connection interrupted"

I'm new to Xbox I Just got my system last month. I went the whole nine yards got the system, controllers, Gold membership, and games. Spent $300 for it all, but every time I play on line right in the middle of a game my screen freezes and there's this animation of a plug being pulled out of a socket saying" connection interrupted" and kicks me off the game as if it never happened all my medal, challenges, and even the contract time is back to the way it was. So i went the the system settings checked my connection and everything is fine. My wireless connection is full to one bar under, and everything connects on the test. Is there something I can do to fix this or am i just going to have to live with it? please help 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 68 Applies to:

As far as I know this happens when the host either quits or the connection just drops and another host can not be found.
It has happened to me occasionally.

And this happens every time you play?.
Just to be sure its not a hardware issue check your NAT settings are correct then see if the problem persists.

And do you have anything else connected wireless that could be leeching the connection?.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Congrats on making the purchase. When you get kicked from a game is it just you or is it everyone?

You might try the following:

Configure you're router

A common cause of problem with connecting to an online game is a router that needs configuration. While most of the time this isn't necessary, each game is different and it may be required even if you've never done so in the past. The most common type of configuration is port forwarding. Each router has a different menu setup so we can't give you exact instructions on how to do this on this site. You should refer to your router manufacturer or a site like http://portforward.com/ for more assistance.

List of ports to forward:
Xbox 360 - TCP [80] UDP [88, 3074]

Contact your ISP

Playing online involves having your console or PC send packets of data through multiple servers, hubs and backbones to reach its destination server. Your Internet Service Provider may sometime have equipment fail somewhere, and sections of the network go entirely offline. Other times connections have to be re-routed due to power failures or natural disasters, and as a result your connection time (and game performance) suffers.

Check your disc

I don't know if you bought the game new or used but check the disc for such things as scratches or physical damage. If you experience a freeze while playing online, it is also possible that you may be having a network problem.

My XBLGT is Toddus. Add me as a friend if you need more help or just want to play.

Sorry this didn't help.

My money's on hosts quitting and the game not being able to change hosts rather than anything more serious.

Sorry this didn't help.

Go to speedtest.net and run three tests; one close to you, one far from you and one in between (from your PC). Then post the results of each test here, be sure to include the dl, ul and ping.

And if you decide to use Port Forwarding make sure you disable uPnP. If you do not you will only cause more conflicts. And there is another port you need to open besides the three listed above, portforward.com will have them all listed.

Sorry this didn't help.

Alright so i went threw the whole router gig but the only change now is when it happens i can't walk any where. Well i kinda can but i'll get 10 feet and then I'm right back where i stated

Sorry this didn't help.

That'll be lag caused by a dodgy connection to the host. As far as you know you're in one place but the host says you're somewhere else and puts you back there. Not much you can do about it apart from backing out and joining another lobby.

Sorry this didn't help.

Alright then is there a way i can host the game. It wouldn't matter then.

Sorry this didn't help.