Call of Duty and the Next Gen Consoles

I’m assuming that the next Call of Duty is probably close to
finished for a November 2013 release. That means that any COD game going to the
PS4 and Next Xbox will be a port to the new system for current-gen systems.

So that puts COD Black Ops 3 (or whatever it’s named) to
fall to the devs at Treyarch.

What kinds of new game play options are you hoping to see
from this franchise in 2014?

The rumored specs for the Next Xbox look very impressive.

I would love to see COD pushed to the limit for # of players
in a MP game. This would also mean bigger maps.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I would like to see more players as well, but I would also want the option to still play the stuff we are used to now, 6v6 or smaller. I wouldn't want to be restricted to only 12v12 or higher. I am sure they are going to have some clever things coming out on the new consoles. There is much more room for information on the game disc so opportunities are endless when comparing to the dvds the Xbox uses now. I just hope they take advantage of the potential of the systems.

Dedicated Servers

Forgive option for hardcore gametypes so you do not lose a team member.

Vote to Kick Team member

Actually code the game correctly

[quote user="ZER0 G"]

Dedicated Servers

Vote to Kick Team member

[/quote]Oh god.. no. That system works great in L4D when you have someone mucking around or trolling but I don't see it working in COD simply because of our douchy community. Oh hey, that person is doing really good.. kick! Oh hey, that person is going super bad.. kick! Just no. Oh hey, I just feel like randomly kicking this person.. kick! We have too many retards in this community for it to work.

I wanna see bigger maps. Not as big as BF3 or whatever, but like MW2 size maps. All the maps in that game were decent sized. More players would be nice too, but I'd probably stick to 6v6.

[quote user="xDefySpace"]

[quote user="ZER0 G"]

Dedicated Servers

Vote to Kick Team member

[/quote]Oh god.. no. That system works great in L4D when you have someone mucking around or trolling but I don't see it working in COD simply because of our douchy community. Oh hey, that person is doing really good.. kick! Oh hey, that person is going super bad.. kick! Just no. Oh hey, I just feel like randomly kicking this person.. kick! We have too many retards in this community for it to work.

I wanna see bigger maps. Not as big as BF3 or whatever, but like MW2 size maps. All the maps in that game were decent sized. More players would be nice too, but I'd probably stick to 6v6.

[/quote]

I wouldn't like it In-Game but definitely in pre-game lobbies that have been re-worked to show players ping to host and strength of connection.

Send the Red Dots packing!

[quote]Dedicated Servers

Vote to Kick Team member[/quote]

1. Not a bad Idea, though don't see it happening.

>

2. Then what would be the point of Hardcore? If the "Forgive" option was there, it would just be core with more bullet damage.

>

3. The potential for abuse would be to great.

>

Peace, J.R.

[quote user="Zombie Harvest"]

Actually code the game correctly

[/quote]

What do you mean by that? We all can play the game just fine. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Vote to kick worked fine in CoD3.  I was disappointed to see it disappear in subsequent titles.  Back on topic, I got on live shortly after launch and when we transitioned to the 360 I remember thinking that these 64 player on line battles are gonna be epic.  It never happened.  

[quote user="JUICE 5150"]

Vote to kick worked fine in CoD3.  I was disappointed to see it disappear in subsequent titles.  Back on topic, I got on live shortly after launch and when we transitioned to the 360 I remember thinking that these 64 player on line battles are gonna be epic.  It never happened.  

[/quote]

They happened on PC. Current-Gen Consoles couldn't handle it. Now they will on the new consoles.

I hope so Bird.  About once a year I dust off the PS3 and play some MAG or Snocom.   Anybody remember when CoD2 came out and there was the glitch that allowed 8 vs 8.   That was a blast on those small maps.