Buying this game off marketplace any issues?

Hi, 

Living in New Zealand we very rarely see retail version of NHL on the shelves of stores. As a hockey fan if I buy this games its either wait an import a PAL version from UK or buy this game straight off the xbox live marketplace and download and play.  Being an impatient person I prefer to buy it off the marketplace. 

However having downloaded the demo from live it constantly freezes on play now with a black screen just after loading. 

I obviously don't want to download the game (we have crappy capped data in NZ still) waste bandwidth to be left with a full version that has the same freezing problems. 

So if anyone can help me and tell me how the Games on Demand version off the marketplace plays, it would be great. 

Many thanks, 

Matt

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

EDIT (but I cant find an edit key !!) - i have read a couple of posts on this topic  and people answered saying the game is garbage and don't buy etc. If anyone could actually tell me about issues with freezing etc rather than commenting on gameplay it would be great thanks.

The gameplay is fine from the DVD. I did get the demo from the marketplace, and i had no problems with it. It could be that your demo download may have been corrupted somehow. As far as the game, if you like hockey, i think you will like it.

Dl the full game off MP fight now and it is taking forever!

Any tips for online gameplay?

[quote user="TiresomeTiger2"]

Hi, 

Living in New Zealand we very rarely see retail version of NHL on the shelves of stores. As a hockey fan if I buy this games its either wait an import a PAL version from UK or buy this game straight off the xbox live marketplace and download and play.  Being an impatient person I prefer to buy it off the marketplace. 

However having downloaded the demo from live it constantly freezes on play now with a black screen just after loading. 

I obviously don't want to download the game (we have crappy capped data in NZ still) waste bandwidth to be left with a full version that has the same freezing problems. 

So if anyone can help me and tell me how the Games on Demand version off the marketplace plays, it would be great. 

Many thanks, 

Matt

[/quote]Yeah its PURE CRAP!  Would love to get my money back on this if I could. seriouslly!

I played 5 games online unranked last night. Well the passing sucked and way to many poke checks! The game felt slow and unresponsive. Gotta give it time I guess.